Skip to main content

I am Lesson 3-

1. It was stated in the Lesson that God has made you "once, twice, three times a lady." 

where are you in this progression?

I think I am still in the ONCE phase. 
 
Have you been born again spiritually?

Yes- I do believe I have been born again- but I am still on wobbly feet- learning to walk.

2. Has God given you a stirring deep within your Spirit to be a deliverer?

I am not sure if he has given me a spirit of being a deliverer. Honestly I am not sure if there is some "great" calling on my life.  I have desires- but often times I have no idea if they are JUST great ideas or from the Lord. 

3. Do you ever get tired of waiting for the opportunity to do something worthwhile for God?

I look at my children as my opportunity and purpose. I do get tired but not of waiting, of working.(haha)

Do you ever feel God is using someone else instead of you?

Often times I see women whose homes are so much more in order, and have this living for Christ down pat- I often wonder what I am doing wrong and what I am not doing. What am I missing?

4. What do you consider "worthwhile ministry"?

I do feel like being a mother is a worthwhile ministry(sometimes- haha) I truly believe in the heritage for Christ!!

Are you like me and sometimes find yourself mistakenly thinking it has to be Big to be Important?

I think more like- it has be recognized to be important. Being a mother is the most unrecognized, unappreciated job of all time. (at least that is how I feel sometimes) 

5. Have you ever taken a spiritual gift test?
NO- 

Comments

  1. Angie,

    It's so funny that you used that wording because the other day I listened to a message where Beth talked about how do we know if it's a good idea or a God idea? I'm trying to remember all of her criteria, but 1st of all, a God idea will never contradict scripture. She also said that you should wait until the emotions pass, and then if it's still there, then it's probably a God thing. A God idea will keep nagging at you until you do complete what He wants you to do.

    It's hard for me to tell also. I'm never sure if it's me just thinking up something, or if it's Him.

    If you get a chance, go to www.lifetoday.org and watch the last 3 Wednesdays with Beth on The God of Comfort. She talks a bit about our calling and how our true calling will be out of our comfort zone.

    And I also constantly think that other women have it "together" and my house is a wreck and I can't keep up with everything, so what is wrong with me??? But, for a Mom with six kids who homeschools, I take my hat off to you!!! That's awesome!

    Blessings
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie,

    I agree with Michelle. I use to not be a supporter of homeschooling, but after seeing how much better they are prepared to deal with the "real world", I wish I would have had the chance to do it for mine. You talk about giving of self..
    Please please do not compare yourself to anyone else when it comes to your home or your walk. God gave you this home and this walk, and it is built just for you. This is a hard lesson to learn and at times I still have to remind myself that I do not have to measure or compare myself to anyone. I only have to please my Father and if it works don't mess with it.
    You are growing in your walk by leaps and bounds. Don't believe me. Look back where you came from.

    I'm praying for you girlie girl.
    Sallye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie,

    Soory I seem to be MIA on this study. Second job started last Saturday and is kickin my behind. But I seem to have developed this nasty habit, I like living in a house, eating food, and driving my car, and since my Rusty is currently unemployed..

    I am off tomorrow and going to sit down and write comments and work on my lessons, Michelle is leaving us in the dust!

    In case I forget to tell you, You are one awesome Lady!.

    Sallye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "