Skip to main content

1 Peter 3:1-9-Heirs Together

A word only God can send- This morning I got up early, mostly because I went to bed so early from pure exhaustion from the day. I woke to prepare my husband's path for the day. I made his lunch, coffee, and breakfast-all to go. Saw him off- and now in the peace of the morning while all the children still slumber, I picked up the Remnant, a wonderful magazine from Charity Ministries, and read the article from Rachel Weaver.(my favorite author of the Remnant)

Her article is titled "Heirs Together", based on 1 Peter 3:1-9
How many of us examine our marriage enough to realize that we are Heirs Together for the kingdom of God. Or how our attitude, words, and spirit all affect the running, and functioning of not only the home, but also our marriage?

1 Peter 3:1-9

1In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
2as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.

3Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;

4but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.

5For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands;

6just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

7You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

8To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and (N)humble in spirit;

9not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

Submissive- that famous word, it is like nails on a chalkboard for women.Our strong side, our independent side, perk up when we see, hear or even read the word submissive. What does it mean Truly?

Does it mean bow down as a servant would to the king when he enters the room?

Does it mean say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing?
No- it does not. It means to be subjective,to show honor, respect, and most of all TRUST. Oh, trust. What is that anyway? Many of us do not know that the root of our problems, and our lack of being "submissive" is that fact that we do not trust that our husbands can handle the decisions, or situation.

This is how I rationalize it in my mind. I trust him enough to marry him, right? Yes

I obvious trust him enough to have children with him, right? Yes

I trust him to provide, right? another yes

Then why can I not trust him to do what is best for the family? Key words in the question-trust,him,best, most of all FAMILY.

Do you honestly think he will on purposely do something to put your family in any kind of jeopardy? Whether be financial, physical or spiritual? NO-

With all this in my mind, I then in turn am able to be honoring, respectful, loving and most of all trust my husband to do what is right for our family. Submitting myself to his authority, and loving him as God intended and reaping the inheritance of blessings that ONLY God can bestow for my obedience to my beloved but most of all to HIM.

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for such a rich word. Thank you for a reminder of how I should be towards my husband. Thank you for the map on How to love my husband and thank you for showing me through your word how to reap another blessing!

I ask you Father that you continue to work through me and in me, teaching me to love, honor and trust when I am weak as well as strong.
I love you Lord!
Amen


Comments

  1. That was beautiful Ang.
    I completely enjoy watching you and Sam interact. It is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! What a reminder of what we are to be as wives.

    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-asag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "