Skip to main content

Christmas 2008- has begun...



It is that time of the year again... for those who know me very well know that I am a bah humbug- at Christmas time, but not this year. This year in my heart, in my spirit things are different. I am not quite sure why, maybe it is because we have decided as a family to focus on the true meaning of Christmas, starting with establishing some "new" family traditions that I am praying will stay with us for generation to generations to come! One of them is a devotional about the Nativity- that I purchased from Vyckie Bennette-(please check it out) The funds go to a ministry that Samuel and I help establish called "the Lords Heritage". We are all truly called by God to bring forth His Heritage!

When we placed the ornaments on the tree- we saved the ones my sister made for us for last. (they have each of our names on them) As we placed our name bulb on the tree- I had the children share- what This Christmas meant to them. Some, of course, had a profound answer, while others struggled with truly sharing what it meant to them.(we will have to work on that!)My heart is to get them to a point where Christmas means more than lights, decorations,candy and presents! I want to see and hear that they understand that Christmas is about Christ and that only we(Christians) can manifest that in our lives- not only at Christmas but each day. We should shine more at this time though because this season is all about Our King!
Blessings...





Comments

  1. I've heard of that Nativity set. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha