Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Christmas 2008- has begun...



It is that time of the year again... for those who know me very well know that I am a bah humbug- at Christmas time, but not this year. This year in my heart, in my spirit things are different. I am not quite sure why, maybe it is because we have decided as a family to focus on the true meaning of Christmas, starting with establishing some "new" family traditions that I am praying will stay with us for generation to generations to come! One of them is a devotional about the Nativity- that I purchased from Vyckie Bennette-(please check it out) The funds go to a ministry that Samuel and I help establish called "the Lords Heritage". We are all truly called by God to bring forth His Heritage!

When we placed the ornaments on the tree- we saved the ones my sister made for us for last. (they have each of our names on them) As we placed our name bulb on the tree- I had the children share- what This Christmas meant to them. Some, of course, had a profound answer, while others struggled with truly sharing what it meant to them.(we will have to work on that!)My heart is to get them to a point where Christmas means more than lights, decorations,candy and presents! I want to see and hear that they understand that Christmas is about Christ and that only we(Christians) can manifest that in our lives- not only at Christmas but each day. We should shine more at this time though because this season is all about Our King!
Blessings...





1 comment:

  1. I've heard of that Nativity set. Let me know how you like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Disqus

 
Blogger Templates