Skip to main content

How do you fight the fight with nothing left?

2 Timothy 4:7
(7)  I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

Each day we wake we do not know the trials that we will have to face.

How do you fight the fight when you have nothing left?

When despair seems to set in and over take your soul in a situation, how do you lift your eyes towards the heavens and know where your hope comes from?

How do you have “peace like a river” or state “it is well with my soul”?

In 2 Timothy he states “ I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith”

Often times that fight seems unbearable and despair sets in all the way down to our soul:

2Co 4:7  But we have this treasure  in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.2Co 4:8  We are troubled on every side,yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
2Co 4:9  Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

Through life we must fight a good fight, but we can not fight that fight alone. It is only through the Word of our Lord we can even put on our armor.

Eph 6:10  Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord,and in the power of his might.
Eph 6:11  Put on the whole armour of God,that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Hope comes from only Our Lord,

Psa 38:15  For in thee, O LORD, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

The Lord then in turns preserves his saints of their faithfulness and courage with strength and hope!

Psa 31:23  O love the LORD, all   ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and rewardeth the proud doer.
Psa 31:24  Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD.

Saints put your hope, your strength, and despair at the feet of Jesus- and he will strengthen you through His Spirit and His Word. 

Comments

  1. When you think life is over you reach to God because you think he is all you have. It is then you begin to realize he is all you need. Blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha