Skip to main content

Thoughtful Thursday

 

This week has been a week of service for the Sellers home. On Tuesday I just out of  the blue called a sister in Christ that I am still getting to know. I had not talked to her in a few weeks, so I wanted to see how the family was doing. She was talking and shared that they were in the middle of this very BIG and Difficult project ,for them in a house full of all girls oldest being 14 years old. It was around 4pm in the evening  at the time. During our conversation it dawned on her- I have all strapping boys(4 of them ranging from 18 years old to 12 years old- plenty of muscles to go around)  she asked what we were doing this evening and if it was possible for us to come and help. We ,instead of just the boys, came in as an Army  knocked out their project in 3-4 hours.

The following morning we woke early to go help a recent widower- who had tons of yard work that needed to be done because of Hurricane Ike. While my men were out working in the yard- Maria and I were busy in the house scrubbing floors, cabinets, dusting, cleaning bathrooms, etc! 

By the blessings of God- we have tried to live- the LOVE for our Brethren in our life this Week!

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for joining in on the Thoughtful Thursday program we are doing on Kayleigh's blog.

    You and your family are a true blessing and it is so wonderful what you are doing for others.

    God Bless you all and we wish you the very best.

    God Bless,

    Adam Freeman :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha