Skip to main content

Silence is Bliss??

The one thing I desire this blog to be is a haven for the Lord to work through my words. I desire to encourage those who decide to stop by, with the Truth and Comfort that only comes from Our Lord Jesus. Lately, though, I have no words to share. Nothing encouraging or even profound to share.

As I examine myself through The Basic Life Seminar videos that we are watching. I see a person in which I don’t like. One whose faith is not as deep as I would like. One who has bitterness in her heart and has no idea how to submit or be under authority since she manifests in her life every thing that shows she has walked against God’s will. So what I do?

Where do I start to repair, restore and re-establish myself to our Lord and those who are in authority in my life?

I guess I could first start with my attitude: 

 

Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear. Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands: Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.
(1Pe 3:1-6)

 

I have 4 required Attitudes

1. I am to have a Reverent spirit

Definition- knowing God is working through authorities in my life.

I need to separate a person position from his personality.

 

2.  I am to have a Grateful Spirit

Unhappiness is public rebuke.( Showing unhappiness is a public rebuke to your husband for example)

We are unhappy because we have expectations that have not been met, give your expectations to the Lord.

My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
(Psa 62:5)

 

3. I am to have a  Servant’s Spirit

 

Definition- is God’s way to greatness

And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all.
(Mar 10:44)

Be excited to make others successful in your life.

 

4. I am to have a Quiet Spirit

Definition-overcoming fear and worry

We are to define our responsibilities in situations and then see the ultimate value in our failure.

 

Warning for Wives:

Be careful not to take matters into your own hands.

Be careful not to destroy your own home

Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.
(Pro 14:1)

Be careful not to force your children to hate

Be careful not to hinder your husband's response to God by reacting to your spirit

Be careful not to cause your husband to surrender his responsibilities to you.

 

 

I ask you to pray for me as I try to implement these things in my life!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "