Skip to main content

Believing God week 5

Last evening I sat down to finally do our week video sessions with Beth Moore. As I sat there and listened to Beth teach on faith, and listening to the Lord. She shared a story of when the Lord spoke so clearly through a teacher about what He wanted to do through her, and her reaction to his words. She did not want to do it. She said the words "never" and "no". She threw a fit all because she was afraid to fail God.

 This hit  home for me. One thing I do that you may not know, is I am very defensive. My husband  is always so tender, kind and very compassionate when he comes to share with me. No matter how tender, I still defend myself. Beth illustrated how the devil sits and watches for our fears. He waits for us to expose our fears through our actions (because he is not all knowing) Once he knows what those fears are he will use any means possible to make us believe what those fear are.

What are my fears? Why do I react defensively? Like Beth I am afraid to fail, but not in the same areas she fears. I am afraid to fail as a wife. I am afraid to fail as mother. I fear that the things I put my most energy and heart into will be the very things I failed at. I fear my husband will choose to stop loving me. I fear my children will look back  on memories of me with contempt.

How do I change these fears? How do I stop responding in defense and allow God to use me?
Honestly I have not figured this part out.


Joshua 1
No one will be able to stand against you as long as you live. I will be with you, just as I was with Moses. I will not leave you or forsake you

These were spoken to the Israelites but I truly believe He speaks to me today as reminder that NO I don't have the answers, but NO ONE WILL stand against me BECAUSE HE IS WITH ME.


Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha