Skip to main content

When too much become too much

Yesterday was busy- normal get up spend time in the Word, Ellie wakes up, pry Joey and Noah out of bed, breakfast, schooling, Noah and answer emails.... day

By the end of the day it was not so normally- the weight of life, the burdens that we carry as mothers was too heavy for me to bear. I lost it over the mountain of laundry that awaited me downstairs that no one had touched since I had been sick a few days.

 As I sat there and cried I wondered why-- why grown men could be so thoughtless?
How did I raise men to not be considerate and not be a blessing?
I wondered how I failed... how could I do things differently to not have the same result with Noah and Ellie? I wondered if I could be different? I wondered if there was any use in raising them in Christ or homeschooling them or even trying to do things with them? What is the use? What benefit is there to gain in raising them in Christ?

This is where I am reminded of immediate obedience- Abraham was asked to take his son - the one he had been waiting for for years and sacrifice him. I know Abraham had to have thoughts of - what is the point? why did I attach myself to this boy if the Lord was going to take him from? why am I doing this?

It wasnt the point that what Abraham was asked to do would bring him joy or that he would completely love the outcome. We know the story so we know that no harm came to his son. The point was that whether we understand why? Whether we  like the out come and whether we know what is going to happen in the end WE ARE TO OBEY... I am commanded to teach my children in the way they should go. I am commanded to give them Christ and show them HIS love by being who God called me to be as a mother.

Lord help me and renew my heart in areas you know I am struggling in. Give me a fire for you so in turn I can  give Noah and Ellie what I gave the older children.

Though I still feel the burdens and I am unsure how to change things I know that Ellie and Noah need Christ just as much  as the other children. So I will walk forward and I know that Christ will guide me and give me what I need for His Glory.

Thanks for sharing my journey of life with me...


Solo para la gloria de Dios

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha