Skip to main content

Daily scripture and thoughts




Dear ones it has been a while.. life has been on a crazy whirlwind. Trying to balance family, ministries and schooling has been truly a balancing act... though I have not posted praise The Lord He keeps me in His Word- my desire to hear from Him, be like Him and be guided by Him never ceases.

We had started Galatians-- and so that is where we will continue


Galatians 1:11-24
Paul Called by God
 For I would have you know, brothers, that the gospel that was preached by me is not man 's gospel. For I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. For you have heard of my former life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God violently and tried to destroy it. And I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people, so extremely zealous was I for the traditions of my fathers. But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus.
 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days. But I saw none of the other apostles except James the Lord' s brother. (In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie!) Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. And I was still unknown in person to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. They only were hearing it said, “He who used to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” And they glorified God because of me.

In these verses we find that Paul is briefly explaining to us what happened-- proving He is of Christ. I can only imagine - what was going through these church leaders head when they would receive a letter from Paul. " You mean Paul- the man who was going around killing Christians??"  They probably wondered what he was up to or whether he was "bonified" ( you have to say that with a very southern twang) . Was he the real deal or was this a trick?! 

I believe he spent time with Cephas (Peter) and met the Lord's brother so that they could give a testimony that Paul- the murder and persecutor of the Christian church is who he said he is and that Christ had revealed himself to this man and recruited him to be a soldier for His kingdom. 

Ladies and gentlemen- When we were not His soldiers we were his enemy.  " He who use to persecute us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy" That is each of us. 

Matthew 12:30
Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters.

Dear Ones Before we knew Him, before He called us to Himself- we were against Him just as Paul was. No were not going around murdering Christians- but we did not glorify His name, we blasphemy and disgrace dishonored Him. Our hearts were no different than Paul's and Praise be to GOD that He saw fit to call us to Him. To call us His children!

Do not forget dear ones who you are and who you belong too!

Lord Heavenly Father 
Thank you for the example we have in Paul- for the wretched man that he was and for the sanctification and eye opening he experienced to come to Christ. Thank you for your awe inspired Word so that we may live according to your riches in glory.... Thank you thank you thank you! May we rejoice in YOU- In Jesus Name Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha