Skip to main content

Daily Scripture and Thoughts





Genesis 12:1-5
Chapter 12
The Call of Abram
 Now the Lord said to Abram, “ Go from your country and your kindred and your father 's house to the land that I will show you. And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you and make your name great, so that you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.”
 So Abram went, as the Lord had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy- five years old when he departed from Haran. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother' s son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people that they had acquired in Haran, and they set out to go to the land of Canaan. 

Dear Ones-

Have you wondered what does obedience look like? 
Have you wondered if The Lord called what exactly would you do?

Abram- was a man like other men except that when God told him to do something he immediately obeyed. Imagine living some where for 75 years. You are well establised. You know people and are loved, and he says go and leave this place, and take everything and everyone with you. I can only imagine how crazy Sarai must have thought he was. She probably said - no way! Inspite of any objection he might have received, inspite of how Sarai might have reacted HE OBEYED.

The promise of blessings is incredible... because of his obedience.

Dear Ones- as we walk with The Lord in the light of His Word we are expected to have that same reaction as Abram- immediate and complete obedience in all things. We expect the blessings but do not want to fullfill our part. Our part is to relinquish ourselves, die to our flesh and follow hard after Him.

Do you struggle in sin? 
Do you find yourself battling the same things over and over and over again? 
Your lack of obedience and submission to the Word is manifesting. If you battle with sexual sin- and the internet is riddled with it- why are you on the internet??? 
If you battle with lying, stealing, manipulating truth for your own selfish gain-- Why?? 
The enemy has convinced you that you can only get things this way! Be truthful- allow God to cleanse you through His Word and stand for TRUTH... 

Lord Help us to be a people who immediate obey when we hear your voice. Help us to love you more than we love ourselves. Lord- every time I sin, every time I find myself in that place am I am willing to nail my flesh to the cross and die to it. HOW MUCH MORE DO I LOVE YOU over my own flesh????

Lord help me Heavenly Father to love you more than my own life. 
Where you lead I will follow!!

In Jesus Name- 
Amen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "