Skip to main content

How do you sum up ones life in 10 minutes:

This past weekend I went to a funeral of a family member to a brother in Christ who goes to our church. This man was one who lived a long life. He was 80 something when he passed away. His family who was left behind- had lots of words of how wonderful he was as a father, husband,grandfather and man who contributed to those around him. He supported local sports, and volunteered, was a man who was prompt if not early. ALL these wonderful blessings, he left a mark on the hearts of His family and those who knew him well.

One statement a familly member made has rung in my ears since he has said it- how do you sum up ones life in 10 minutes? 

If someone had to sum up my life in 10 minutes- the first words I would want them say- not how wonderful I was as a mother because not all my children would say that, or how wonderful I was as a wife, because I sure my beloved could testify on the moments I was not wonderful, or how wonderful I was as a sister, because my sisters or brother will tell you all times I was not. 

What I want said first is how much I LOVED my Lord and Savior. I want words to be said on How much I loved HIM and through loving Him how much I loved others. I want my testimony and life to be summed up on how I lived for Christ, how He changed me, how He brought me out of the miry clay to a life so full of Hope and Joy. 

My life song has been this song:

Legacy


Cant find the original - she doesnt do too bad

may I leave a legacy....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha