Skip to main content

True Forgiveness..

20140610-174603-63963848.jpg

People often wonder what true forgiveness looks like or how to make it manifest in marriage. Forgiveness in a marriage is an essential part of marriage without it a marriage is consumed by bitterness, and anger.
The closest person to you- the person who sees you through clear eyes is the person you sleep next to every day. They know your faults but the blessing is they choose to love you regardless. Yes love is a choice, not a feeling, just as forgiving is a choice. They choose each day to love you, and to forgive your wrongs.

Is it easy? NO not at all. Each day you may have to wake up and remember that forgiveness to forget the disappointment and pain. Eventually that forgiveness comes so naturally.

True forgiveness can only manifest and be given with true repentance that manifest within each of us. Of course it becomes very difficult to forgive someone who only asks for forgiveness because they were caught not because they have any desire to change. Too many times we only say "I am sorry"- not because we will never do it again, but because we were caught in our sin.

Question:
what do we do when someone continues to sin against us? How do we manifest the forgiveness necessary that is spoken of in the Word of God?

Jesus Says in Matthew 18:21-22
The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
Then Peter came up and said to him, “ Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy- seven times.

Matthew 18:35
So also my heavenly Father will do to every one of you, if you do not forgive your brother from your heart.”

We expect great forgiveness from our Heavenly then we must forgive greatly. This kind of forgiveness can only occur through submission of the Holy Spirit and his presence.

Dear Ones
Marriage is difficult. We are in a world that does not honor the covenant, that does not show reverence to the commitment of man and woman. They do not understand truly what marriage is for or about. To have a heart of unforgiveness just makes things more difficult and sets your feet on the path of failure.

When I am tempted by unforgiveness towards my beloved, I remember three things
1. I Seek and desire always for him to forgive me
2. I am not perfect!
3. lastly I desire greatly for The Lord to forgive me, then I dare not have a heart of unforgiveness.

Lord thank you for the forgiving cleansing through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Help us each to remember the importance of forgiveness and manifest that forgiveness in our lives. Help us Lord to release bitterness, unspoken expectations and disappointments in our lives. Help us to remember our imperfections. Help us to glorify your name in our walk with You and in our Marriage.
In Jesus Name- Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

My heart song this morning…

Do you know He is for you? Do you know how much He loves you??     Seeking His Face,