Skip to main content

Culture of Christ

Yesterday my family and I were sitting around with some  incredible young-men of our church. We were discussing  cultures and how the  America culture seems to have spanned and spread through every culture. Puerto Ricans, whites, blacks, and every race you see have reminiscence of this culture. Puerto Ricans ( which is my family's heritage) who are a
hard- working, proud, and glamorous people. In America ,they have a reputation to be lazy, and dishonest. They are not the people you experience on the island. The culture is spanning through each race and it is it's own culture of people.

This morning as I thought back on our conversation these thoughts came to mind:

One who calls themselves believers in Christ are called out. We would be redefined. No longer, Puerto Rican, white or Black- but brothers and sisters, in a new family. Putting off the old man, and putting on the new man.

Ephesians 4:24
22That you put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;

 23And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

 24And that you put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

 

What is the Culture of Christ ? How are we as believers suppose to live?

Well it is clear in The Word of God. Lets start by examining it then we will list it.

 

First off the Lord says:

Deuteronomy 6:5

5You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might

 

Matthew 22:39

39And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

 

Matthew 5:44

44But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 

 

Are you getting what the first thing is?

 

Love... we are to live a life of love. It should ooze from our every pore and be such a part of who we are that there is NO question of who we follow and what we live for.

 

Second:

John 14:15

15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments
John 15:10
If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love.

Second is:

obedience

Obedience is an essential part of a believers life. It is who we are, how we live and what we do to glorify Christ in our lives.

The culture sucks people in, I have yet to know why except people imitate rappers, sports people, and other famous people faster than they will intimate a Believer. It is sad that we, as a church, are not successfully living and modeling  the culture of Christ for others to desire. Most will not forsake the world and live for Jesus. We are failing and losing the greatest battle; the heart and souls of man.

Lord help us. Guide us that we may shed off the old man and make ourselves new so that we may glorify you in our lives. Help us to put on the heart of love, help us to obey your Word whether we like it or not. Send your wisdom upon me that I may model these things in my own life. I love you Lord.

Amen

Comments

  1. Thank you for your comments on this topic my love. This very topic is hindering the health of the Church today. May God purge this from His Body!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "