Skip to main content

Loving vs Self -Preservation

Reflecting on scriptures this morning

1 Thessalonians 4:

9About brotherly love: You don’t need me to write you because you yourselves are taught by God to love one another.10In fact, you are doing this toward all the brothers in the entire region of Macedonia. But we encourage you, brothers, to do so even more, 11to seek to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you,

 

We try to love others as the Word commands us often  something else comes into play  in the hearts and minds of  Believers.  Self -Preservation.

Christ tells us  in

John 15

12 This is My command: Love one another as I have loved you. 13 No one has greater love than this, that someone would lay down his life for his friends.

Jesus showed us clearly how to love through his own willingness to lay down his life for us: His friends.

 

I ask, where does self -preservation play out in the walk of the Believer?

Does self-preservation have a place in our lives?

Let's put this in a different perspective: I have 7 children; the moment the Lord blessed me with life within me, my body, and my life was no longer my own. My "happiness" and preference no longer was important. What was important was bringing forth a healthy child, and raising them to be Godly, righteous, and God-fearing people.

When we become followers of Jesus Christ  transformation is to occur in our hearts. We are to transform ourselves. We are to think more like Him, for Him and less like me. Life for Christ means you are willing to lay  down your preferences, wants, and wishes  for His.

In loving each another, self-preservation is not a choice. We are  bless others through showing the Word of God and being the light in this dark world, even when it does not benefit us.

Parenting children is difficult. You raise them, feed them, change them, and love them for them to walk away from the  foundation of Truth you gave them. They become  the opposite, do the opposite and live the opposite.

Does it mean  to keep from feeling this heartache you never  become a mother? No- people do it every day, selflessly.

In our walk with Christ we are to think the same way, selflessly.  Feeling heartache or pain brings us closer to Christ for comfort and teaches us to love without conditions.

Don't you agree?

I would love to hear your thoughts on this subject.

 

Your Servant

Angie

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha