Skip to main content

pain... disappointment..

I have had my share of pain these past two years. Mostly from one person, but there has been others. Serving Christ comes with many sacrifices. Your reputation, your character, your family, your every action is  put under a microscope. People forget that you are no different than they are, just desiring to serve Christ in every way.

When you are hurt it makes you wonder what it is all for?! If you are a "true" servant of God. His Word echos in your head of how He suffered.  His character was constantly judged, he was mocked, and crucified. Who are we to think our fate is any different? It doesn't make the pain any less, it doesn't even make the pain go away. But it does give you comfort in knowing that No matter what you face the Lord has experienced it and knows.

Now I am in a different phase one of restoration, self examination, and certainly I desire to do it better than I have done before. I know I can't without HIM... I can't be who I need to be without Christ. Without a local body, and without fellowship. I am cautious, not wanting to be hurt. I desire to serve Christ but I do not desire to be hurt as I have been. I find myself wanting to protect myself. I wonder how Christ did it... and how he knew what would happen and not want to protect himself or even try to avoid it.



He truly is amazing where I am not!

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "