Skip to main content

Friendships/ casting stone

In life we seek to find friends. Ones that encourage us, guide us to the Lord when we stray, ones that will love unconditionally and even in some circumstance will love sacrificially the way that Christ did. Through the years people have come and gone out of my life some gently and some not so kindly. In the end you look back and wonder what value did that person or persons have on your life. Some you can see so clearly and others well you just are left wondering if they had any at all. You wonder what was it the Lord wanted you to see or learn. This is where I am today! I am trying to see what it is I was to learn. All I can see is the pain, the hurt, the ungodly consistency of behavior of people that I once called friend. But I spend time making sure that I examine my plank. I make sure I seek my failures and my heart is to learn so that I may glorify the Lord in all I say and do. I want to be better and do better for the Lord. In so many ways the body of Christ is failing. People are failing Christ. They are not loving as they should, nor showing grace, or forgiving as Christ did. The church in general is judgmental, gossipy, slanderous and causing many to stumble. They are wolves in sheep's clothing preying on the hearts of man, waiting to devour it. They are forsaking the true calling of Christ over personal or even corporate agendas. Oh dear Saints, let us stand on the Word, stand on the side of grace, and loving as Christ did- who stated, he who has no sin cast the first stone, though he was sinless and could have thrown a stone, but He chose to show us what true love and grace looks like.1 Peter 4:8 says Love covers a multitude of sin. This leaves an impression but some sins are not covered, but is not true because in Proverbs it states: “Hatred stirs up conflicts, but love covers all offenses.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭10:12‬ ‭HCSB‬‬ There is no sin that cannot be covered by the blood of Jesus. He came to redeem the lost. Let us remember that we cannot stand righteously before the throne- no, not one of us without Jesus Christ, who told us that you will know them by their love for one another.

Thank you for journeying with me this morning through the Word of God.

May we glorify Him, and His Word as we step out our door and interact with the world.

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "