Skip to main content

What is a gentle and quiet spirit?

My dear sweet blog friend at Homespun heart brought up this topic today and I decided to form my answer on here:

 

What is a gentle and quiet spirit?

Often times when I think on these things and imagine a gentle and quiet spirit- I think of a very quiet, mild mannered, kind person. Her voice is like a song, her words are like a hug, and her actions are always graceful. (ugh- trust me I did not just describe myself!)

How do we obtain a gentle and quiet spirit?

I have met many ladies who acted just like I described above and my spirit longs for what they have uncertain specifically how to be obtain it. Is it taught? Do you ask the Lord for it and he gives it to you?

Not to long ago I posted about myself, describing what it was like growing up in my home being Puerto Rican.  In researching about having a gentle and quiet spirit I understand that the family of God transcends any cultural up bringing, or differences.

The bible talks 1 Peter 3: 3-5

Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel; But let it be the hidden “man” of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ORNAMENT of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. For after this manner in the old time the holy women also who trusted in God, ADORNED themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands.

This is the only scripture reference referring to the women adorning themselves with a meek and humble spirit.

The word Adorn in Greek is Kosmeo which means to put in order, decorate.  A meek and quiet spirit is not taught, but it is to be modeled by the older woman so that those who are young can see how to adorn themselves in a meek and quiet spirit.

So the next question is what is a Meek and quiet spirit?

Some would say I can’t just NOT TALK or be expected to be silent for the rest of my life.

This is not what it means,

Meek- is the Greek word Praus-which means  gentle,a positive more quality of dealing with people in a kind manner, with humility and consideration.

Quiet- is the Greek word hesychia – which means peaceable.

A meek  and quiet spirit is one who deals with people in a positive and kind manner in humility and a peaceable way having consideration not for themselves in every situation but Glorifying God in all that they do and say!

Adorn yourself in God’s Word- and put on a meek and quiet spirit!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha