Skip to main content

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.  


Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age". 


Today while reading the Word these verses stood out....




Proverbs 23

15 My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.
16 Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things.
17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long


His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life. 


Really? 
How do we envy sinners? 
How do we as professing believers say "I want what they have" or " I wish my life was like theirs" 
Truth be told if we are asking for their lives(and sin) then we are also asking for the same judgement they will face some day when Our Savior returns to this world. 


How we so easily forget....
Romans 6
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.


People make sin sound and look so appealing. Of course, they do not want to go it alone. Be Careful dear sweet son, keep your eyes open and your ears peeled to those whisperings and realize who it is really speaking, and who it is really tempting you away from the path the Lord has for you!


Ephesians 6
10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;


Be strong my sweet youngmen for we are not reaching for things that are temporal but we are reaching for things that are eternal! 

In Christ I Serve,
Mom/Angie

Comments

  1. Wow. Thank you Mom. I never quite thought of it like that. I am praying that when those whispering come, I will remember the words that the Lord gave to you. I am very grateful that you took the time to put this together. May our Lord bless you for it. I love you Damama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen momma thank you so much for your encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. This is the way to bring your son back to right thinking. I hope he heeds these words and desires truth, while being a blessing to all the lost souls he sees throughout his day. Thanks for sharing, wise mom of boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love, love how you interwove scripture into everyday teaching. well done momma!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post backed with Scripture. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...