Skip to main content

What a weekend!

The rain started Friday but because of the cold quickly turned to ice. It lasted all night Friday so Saturday we woke to an Ice Wonderland- all the trees were white from the ice and leaning, grass was white but the roads were fine. That was just the beginning they said of this winter storm system that headed our way. The second part hit us Saturday afternoon but was not as bad as the first one. But that is when the Trees started to snap around us. The third part of the storm came on Sunday bringing more rain, sleet and snow this time. As we all hibernated in the house to stay warm, we lost water for a while but were praising the Lord that we still had electric and heat. Missy and Clay lost their electric, as well as thousands in Springfield, Nixa and Ozark, so they were not alone. I cooked a big turkey dinner for us all on Sunday, early just in case the power went out. Missy and Clay and the girls spent most of the weekend with us in the evening because we had power. At night they went home to sleep in the living room in front of their fire place. Monday we all woke wondering what the weather was going to be like. We woke to snow and Lots of tree limbs down in our yard. With each limb came a crash and of course fear that one of those limbs would hit our electrical line or come crashing through the house. Some of the limbs were so big it took Mr. Bill's truck to haul them into a position where Clay, Sam and the boys could cut it up with a chainsaw. That was our adventurous weekend. They are calling for snow here again this weekend. With the weather like this and it taking us 45 minutes to get to church we miss out on Christian fellowship, so pray for us. It is hard to be with out the accountability for that long.

What was the weather like where you are at?

Comments

  1. Hi Angie,
    Thanks for inviting me to your blog!
    I have tried to comment 3 times I hope this one posts. Dont worry spring is coming! Looking forward to seeing you. I bet Noah is really getting big, I love the pics you posted on drop shots!
    Love to all the Sellers from all the Bakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie,
    I am just testing to see if this one will post!
    I have one somewhere hanging in cyberspace :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropped in to catch up on things. Sounds like a lively 2007 for you guys already! Good luck to your friend Celina. I will check out her website.

    I won't tell you what the weather has been like here in Florida! Good luck up there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...