Skip to main content

Examine Yourself- Sermon by Paul Washer

Yesterday we listened to the most convicting, and self examining sermon in a long time. It was one that you walked away knowing that the sermon was for you. Here are my notes- please note that this is not everything Mr. Washer said.


May our Lord Jesus use these words to change your lives and open your heart!

Examine Yourself- or in other words test yourself using the Word of God. 
How do you know that you are a believer?

There are 2 Philosophies that are in the church today:

1. Most popular- "Security of a Believer"-
This philosophy tells everyone that if they believe in Jesus Christ they are saved. (Satan believes in Jesus Christ)


2. this one is not as common- we do not hear of it as often - "Doctrine of Assurance"
This philosophy tells everyone that if they prayed the prayer they can be "assured" that they are saved.


How can you know that you are saved?

(scripture reference-2 Corinthians 13:5 )
 5 Try your own selves, whether ye are in the faith; prove your own selves. Or know ye not as to your own selves, that Jesus Christ is in you? unless indeed ye be reprobate.

Test all things- Examine yourself- Well How do you test yourself?
Of course- start with scripture:
1 John 5:13
 These things have I written unto you, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, even unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God.

Here it says that the things that are written -they were done so that we may KNOW that we have eternal life! 
Ok so what is written? 

Well- if we say we are Christians but yet our style of life contradicts scripture then are we not living a LIE?
Examine those secret lives- the ones you do away from the church people. The lives that you live in your home. What do you watch on television? What do you spend time thinking about?

Greatest evidence of a believer is they are sensitive to sin in their lives. When was the last time you wept over the sin in your life? When was the last time you realized the condition of your soul? Are you sensitive to the sin in your life?

No man falls into sin, you slide into it little by little. 

If you say you know the Lord but do NOT keep His commandment - How can you say you know the Lord?

What does it meant to keep His commandments? Does it mean to be perfect?

No it is a style of life. Is your life style marked by keeping the Lord's commandments?

What is the greatest desire in your heart? Is it to walk in the footstep's of Christ?

Do you love your brethern?
1 John 2:9
 9 He that saith he is in the light and hateth his brother, is in the darkness even until now.

Do you love other Christians?
 -A love so great you would risk your own life for that brother.

1 John 2:15
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Everything that comes forth from the world that does not bring Glory to God is of the world.
Many of us who profess our faith in Christ, nail him to the cross again because of the lies we live in our lives. 

A true Christian embraces the fullness of Christ.  Jesus is our Savior, our King, Our Lord, our Prophet etc...
Is Jesus the Lord over your life? do you live by the King's laws? Do you allow him to prophesy in your life?

Are you practicing God's laws, word and ways?

In what ways are you striving after Holiness?
Jesus is the very source of my life!!

If you would like to hear the sermon for yourself please go to www.heartcrymissionary.com

Sermons- then Paul Washer- it is well worth the time to listen!



God Bless each of you!



Comments

  1. AMEN! We've been listiening to Paul Washer for 2 weeks now, he's one of the few voices of reason left in America. Listien to"Marriage the biblical way, not the American way." He's great, I like that he doesn't care who he offends, he speaks the truth without fear. Good notes!

    blessings,
    celina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...