Skip to main content

[BloggerFriendSchool] #125 Let Your Fingers Do the Walking (Yellow Pages)

Assignment:

I'd like you to choose a word, find the Hebrew or Greek original word, and then dig into it's full meaning.

My Word is Forgiveness.

Forgiveness- in Hebrew is

cĕliychah- means to pardon. The first time this word forgiveness is used is in Psalm 130:3-4

If thou, LORD, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand?But [there is] forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared.

A reminder that the Lord forgives our iniquities if not who can stand before Him?

Forgiveness comes from the root word forgive.

Forgive-in Hebrew is

nasa' – means to lift, carry or bear up.

It shows up in scripture for the first time in Genesis 50:17

Joseph’s brothers are asking him for forgiveness of the trespasses they caused against him.

0r

Forgive in Hebrew is

aphiēmi- means to disregard, to let go, give up debt.

Which this meaning does not show up in scripture until the Lord prayer, Math 6:12.

 

Forgiving or Forgiveness seems to be a trait that we expect the Lord to bestow upon us but have a hard time bestowing on each other.  The word forgive is mentioned 56 different times in 48 verses.  Forgiveness is only mentioned 7 times in 7 verse, but only mentioned once with the word and meaning stated above. The other meaning is to release from bondage or imprisonment. I have come to realize that not forgiving others of wrong doings, leaves me in bondage and imprisonment to that wrong doing. There is only one-Jesus Christ that can truly release us from bondage. He showed the ultimate sign of forgiveness when he stated in his last breathes, “ Then said  Jesus, Father, forgive(aphiēmi) them; for they know  not  what they do .”(Luke 23:34)

Think who have you not shown forgiveness to?

Who are you still holding bitterness towards? 

How is the Lord expected to forgive you, when you will not show forgiveness yourself?

Even on the cross- he requested for the iniquities of those crucifying him be forgiven!! May we bestow for our own souls sake  Christ’s level of Forgiveness! 

Angie

Comments

  1. Truer words never spoken. God is dealing with me on this same issue. By the worlds standards, I have every right to hold on to my unforgiveness and even to pay back evil for evil. But I desire the ways of the Lord and am praying for a heart of forgiveness and that I may get to the point of repaying good for evil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful.

    I've just been reading about the sin of the golden calf.. and the Father forgiving the Children of Israel and restoring the covenant with them.. a true picture of "forgiving the debt completely"

    Sombra

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...