Skip to main content

What is going on here...

Ok now that this new blog stuff is all over. It is set up the way I want for now. I can share with all of you what we have been up to the last two weeks.

We were accepted into the ATI program, which we were over joyed. In being accepted we were required to take the Basic Life Seminar as I mentioned in a previous post, which we are thoroughly enjoying, as well as being spiritually challenged.  We received our Wisdom Booklets, so we were able to start our schooling. The first week was wonderful.( we just now finished our second week) We are all learning so much. The children enjoy the unity the booklets bring to our family. They are all learning the same material, and the projects have been a challenge to them.

What I really wanted to share with you was the Major concepts, the scripture and the Character quality. The major concept- God sees differently than man sees has manifested itself in so many ways in our lives. Not only through situations,but also  in us realizing how different we see than God's sees in every situation, and through others sharing how God sees differently and even through blogs (Tabitha) She quoted a verse on that God sees differently than man sees and shared how she viewed this verse. It is amazing how it is coming alive in our lives.

The scripture- we have started memorizing the sermon on the mount. (Mathew 5:1 and 2 ) is what we got so far. I decided to take it slow so that I would learn it and retain it! ( some of you understand exactly what I mean)

Lastly is the Character quality- awareness. We are not just talking about spiritual awareness, but also physical awareness. IBLP definition of awareness is being aware that which is taking place around me so I can have the right response to it. It is our responses to everything that we glorify God or sin. Awareness has  manifested it self in our lives as well. Each one of the children have realized that they do not use their spiritual eyes as they should. They are not guarded nor do they consider the condition of their surroundings.

I am in total awe in seeing God manifest Himself through this material and in our lives. I am looking forward to seeing what He is going to do with the Sam Sellers Family  next.

Comments

  1. We did ATI for about 7 or 8 years I think. We loved the wisdom books, still use them sometimes for devotions. We could only go a a summer training twice. Really cool. I loved it all. I have found that people have definate prejudices against Bill Gothard though.
    How fun to know someone starting and getting excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now if you get part of ATI it is not a requirement to go to the Training sessions. It is just a benefit now, for fellowship and encouragement.

    I know of the prejudices against Bill Gothard and his institution. I believe that people persecute because they know not the Word. We hate those who truly seek God, and go against the desires of our flesh. I rejoice that there are men out there that are willing to suffer for Christ sake! Willing to be living examples for us to exam.

    Blessings
    Angie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for people(brothers and sisters) who are willing to reach out and help when they may not even know you... Last week I ordered a Saxon Algebra 1 book from a woman from a homeschooling classified site. The reason why I ordered it is because some where in the sea of boxes I have, there is the test forms for our Algebra and of course I could not find it without opening every box. So I went online and ordered it. The person I was ordering from did not accept Paypal, and I was really needing that test booklet as soon as possible, since that happened to be the math that Maria and Joey were in. I called the woman asking if there was some other way she could help me get these books faster. The first thing she asked me was "Are you  a  Christian?  I said" yes ma'am" She says "I will send the books priority today, before you send me the check. I trust you!" I was amazed, astounded that a sister across the miles, who never saw me or met me would reach her...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...