Skip to main content

them getting bigger, it gets easier....

[caption id="attachment_855" align="aligncenter" width="272" caption="guiding Sheep is not an easy task"][/caption]

whoever told me that was lying with a capital L.

Children getting older does not mean they get easier!! Actually the older they get the more complicated things become. When they were young they were so willing to help. If mom was cleaning they wanted to clean too, if mom was doing laundry they wanted to help fold. Now.. ugh to get them to pick up their own dirty clothes, fold their own stuff, and put it away is like having a root canal! And opinions fly as fast as the attitude comes... pet peeve- ATTITUDE!  Some would say they get it honestly...hush is what I would say. (haha)

Grown children are not easy ladies. Especially when you worked so hard to raise them in the Word of the Lord, and spent lots of time discipling, guiding and praying with each of them. You keep guiding them away from the pits and darkness towards the light. It gets very tiring and sometimes you just want to let go of the wheel... but we can't we must stand steadfast. Be warriors for them, guiding them still in this crucial time in their lives, when they are surround by the whispering of the world saying..."you don't have to listen to them" "you dont have do what they say" "you are an adult now, you can do whatever you feel like" " you are old enough to make your own decisions"- I honestly believe those are trapping... trappings to keep our young adults in sin. Trappings to keep them from honoring the Lord through honoring their parents.

Just because society says they are old enough to go out on their own doesnt mean that is right. I can say with out the lack of experience and knowledge making the right decision for a young person is so difficult. Which voice are they to listen too? The flesh pulls so hard that sometimes they feel like it is the right decision, and in the end find it was the total wrong decision...(am I making any sense or am I just rambling?)

Tell me what is wrong with young adults seeking guidance from their parents even at this age? What is wrong with them taking every decision they are making to their parents, so they can be sure they are thinking righteously? What is wrong with them living at home?  As believers are we not suppose to do things differently than society?

Sin is anything worldly that pulls us away from Christ and to our own flesh....

So I pray that Lord continue to strength me, and give me wisdom as I continue to guide my young adults on their path towards Christ and life... I hope you will do the same...

Opening my eyes so I may see. The visions of truth the Lord has for me and them!

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...