Skip to main content

Stuck between two worlds

about 10 years ago we started the journey of homeschooling. In the journey we have come to realize that Homeschooling was not just a way to school our children but a way to live. I know there are some who wonder why we decided to go this route for our lives, for our children lives to school our children at home? Why do that with perfectly good public schools?
I realized when my 21 year old was younger ( not young enough) I was fighting something. Something I could not see, we faithfully took our children to church and in this season they were in children's church, we were involved in adult group, and served. Yes we were the traditional Christian family till one day the Lord showed me there was more to my walk than what I was walking. It was more than going through the motions each day. In my children I saw the struggle of knowing what was right and trying to put that into action and still be "liked" within the public school. It reminds me of
"For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate." (Romans 7:15 ESV)
Each day it became a battle to keep the hearts of my children and to help them to live for the Lord. Then one day I realized that the very thing I was fighting is the very thing we all fight each day... satan. And I was expecting my innocent, ill equipped children to fight as warriors against the enemy in his own domain on his terms. It was setup for failure so homeschooling allowed me to equip my children, surrounding them, protecting and equipping them with the only thing I know will defeat the enemy, the Word of God.
Now that they are older I still see them struggling some do better standing on the Rock of the Word and others seem to be struggling and stuck between two worlds... As a believer we can't be stuck between two worlds. We must decide which world we prefer or the decision will be made for us because one world will stand out in us over the other world.

My heart grieves because I feel defeat, I see the affects of the world within my children and wonder in the end where they will end up in their hearts for Christ. Will all we have done to raise them up in Him be for nothing?

Lord give me strength to continue to guide each of these souls no matter age and bring YOU glory.
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...