Skip to main content

October Baby




I have been wanting to watch  this movie for so long. Though honestly I did not really know what it was about except abortion. I thought it was like every other abortion movie. Girl gets pregnant, guy runs away, girl thinks about getting rid of unwanted baby.

No this is not what this story was about. This one was different. This one was about the unwanted baby, the one that actually survives the abortion. (I wont give the whole movie away)

Needless to say as I sat here watching the movie my heart started to hurt. The tears started to flow because of my own experience, my own murderous(as my daughter stated) sin. For those of you who do not know me, who do not know my story, who do not know my sin, this might just come as a surprise but for those few special people in my life and in my heart you know this story, but do not know the occasional pain I carry because of that sin.

At age of 18 years old, in my lost and sinful state I aborted my first child. I could go on and share with you all the excuses of why but the truth is still the same, and the sin is still the same.

I sat here with tears wondering if that little one suffered, knowing what I had done. It has been 24 years since I had done this and occassionally in those 24 years my thoughts wonder on what it would have been, a boy or girl. I think of how naive I was to believe the lies that were told to me...

1. its ok- it not a baby

2. its just cells

3. there is no life there yet

4. it wont feel a thing

All lies!! All things to comfort me, to aide me in that sin. Since then all those lies have been proven to me over and over through having my other children that they were lies. What an evil it is in this world.

I wish there was some way I could tell that precious life, that precious baby how truly sorry I am. I wish there was some way I could turn back the hands of time, with the knowledge that I have now to safe that precious gift. But I can't.

I know that My Lord has forgiven me of ALL my sins, and has washed me white as snow. I wonder do I have a right to forgive myself? (oh wretched soul that I am.)

Lord ,thank you,you are my hope and my salvation. Thank you that though I have done such wretched things you have forgiven me. Help me to forgive myself, and bring you glory in my life.I rejoice in the fact that you have entrusted me with more of your heritage and may I bring them all up in the fear and admonition of You.


Love In Christ Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...