Skip to main content

Prayer...

This subject has been on my heart and on my mind lately. You know how some people you meet are praying people. They pray and truly love to pray. I know it is something as a believer we are to do regularly because it is how we talk to Our Lord, and that is also how we hear back from Him, but you know this has been such a struggle in my life...... I remember it not being a struggle. I remember even having experiences when I was praying. I have had moments when I  felt the presence of our Lord so strong it was  like His face was touching mine. But I am unsure what happened... and I am unsure how to get back there...

I desire for that presence again.. to hear HIM so clearly. I wish it was as simple as a recipe or a few words that would bring me back to that place with Him... What a peace, joy and reassurance knowing that I did not have to try and He was listening and He was there..

This week has been such a hard week. I could use HIS divine presence to cleanse me, to restore me and to hold me.

Angie

Comments

  1. I can so relate. I too have been missing and desiring the presence of the Lord again. To hear Him...
    I have no great words, but know that I am praying for you!!! Love you bunches

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been having very similar feelings lately about prayer. I used to have such a good prayer life. I really took the pray continuously verse to heart and had some awesome close to God moments! It just really amazes me how I can let something so important take a back seat in life at times. :/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...