Skip to main content

giving up

Many of you who follow my blog are believers in Christ Jesus. So the story of Hannah is not unfamiliar to you. Hannah was a woman who was barren and was taunted by the second wife. The torment each day, and each year this woman endured. I can only imagine year after year she poured out her heart to God, pleading, and crying but this year was different ,this year Hannah made a vow that if she was to have a son she would give the son to the Lord and that she would be sure he never cut his hair.

This is a woman who desperately desired a child and was willing to give the child up for just the experience of having a child. Her love for the Lord was so great that she was willing to give the baby to the Lord if He would give her one.

Parents are you willing to do that?. In the wake of our trial as I reflect on the fears, uncertainties and all the emotions, my mind often came to this, Hannah so willing to give her child to the Lord. As a momma this question was posed to me in the midst of the trial- "will you still worship Him and love the Lord if they do remove babygirl from your home?"

Those words were like a stab to my heart and I sat there with no true words, but a broken heart not knowing what I would do or how I would react. Truth be told we say the right things, and act like good Christians till the trial of a life time comes. Then the reaction is to retreat, close yourself off, maybe even turn to sin for comfort. Lord I praise you- thank you for your presence because through this trial that is not what we did. We did not retreat, we begged our brothers and sisters to pray and though at times I struggled to pray, the Word of the Lord bombarded my heart mind and soul to give me comfort. My beloved husband that at loss because this trial was beyond our control and he could not fix this, he walked around aimlessly unsure what to do with him, sick to his stomach constantly, but he sought comfort in our Lord.

As a bible study we have trudging along in 1 Peter and 1 Peter came alive in my life through this trial. Suffering, trials, and loss are what we are to endure in this life. It is all over scripture. There is a misconception in believing that enduring means we smile, and act happy. One wise sister told - Angie being a good Christians doesn't mean your feelings go away. Doesn't mean you don't have fears, doubts, and wonder but it is what you do with that that shows your faith. Do you cry out to the Lord?

To often giving up or giving in to sin is the answer we run to in time of trials because we bare the trial alone.

Thank you saints of Christ for your prayers, because your prayers brought comfort when I could not find it, peace and strength when I did not have any.

Lord you are worthy to be praised. Thank you Father for hearing our prayers, and those who prayed for us. Let us use what you have shown us about ourselves, and this experience to teach others and to bring glory to your name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...