Skip to main content

Pain



              Photo credit- goes to www.spine-health.com

Pain is an aspect of life none of us is exempt from. We can spend a lifetime trying to figure out why. We can even go as far as be angry with God for allowing pain but in all truth, none of that takes the pain away.


As a follower of "the WAY", I see in scripture that we are to endure suffering. Christ, the sinless one, endured the cross for my sin Though He himself was tempted and never did anything wrong. Imagine... He was tempted as you and I are. He was tempted in every way- but yet never sinned. I can say that is not my testimony. My tongue is sharp, I can be ungodly with my actions as well as my words. Yet he endured pain like we can never imagine. When the Word of God describes what they did to the sinless Christ, I hang my head in shame because I know I was the one who placed him there. His love for us was so great that he went to the Cross willingly. He only anguish was being separated from His Heavenly Father which he knew was going to happen. His anguish did not come from what He was going to have to endure, but from the very knowledge that when He died He would be separated from the Heavenly Father. 



     Photo credit- www.franthony.com


In comparison to this- our pain and trials seem so minor no matter how great the trial.. All too often when we experience trials we don't think or realize could this trial be a result of something I had done? Or could this trial or pain be something I need to learn? Instead, we want to know the why or even be indignant enough to ask God in a how dare your tone, "why?" 


As I watch my husband in pain each day(physical pain) I wonder the why, not indignantly. 

I wonder what is it that we are missing? 
I wonder is it his lack of diligence in care for himself that he suffers? 
Is it lack of sacrifice of the things he loves to eat and won't let go?  


I remember how I have prayed Lord please have mercy on your servant and remove this pain from him. He has not answered that prayer. I sit back and watch and see how this pain has changed the man I married. ( in a lot of ways not for the good) I wonder often what is it we are missing or what is he  missing? No matter what it doesn't change the fact that he must in endure this pain. He must wake every morning, provide for his family and be with our two smaller children the dad the older children had.  
Pain is an aspect of life none of us want or even enjoy but it is part of the walk of life. Whether you are a follower of Christ or just not a believer at all, no one is exempt from experiencing the pains of life. 




Lord 
Holy and Gracious Father, 
Pain is truly a molder in our lives. It is through pain that you work and mold us. Sometimes the outcome is just not what you planned. You never plan for your children to turn from you. Yet you continue running after use, and seeking to help us through our trials and our pain.
We are so unworthy of your faithfulness and love. Help us to use our pains, our trials for your glory. Protect us from the enemy who is always whispering lies to our hearts and our soul, trying to divide us from you and from your church/ your people.
May you be glorified in these words today. 
In Name of our Lord Jesus-Amen
For your Glory Alone 
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...