Skip to main content

giving up

Many of you who follow my blog are believers in Christ Jesus. So the story of Hannah is not unfamiliar to you. Hannah was a woman who was barren and was taunted by the second wife. The torment each day, and each year this woman endured. I can only imagine year after year she poured out her heart to God, pleading, and crying but this year was different ,this year Hannah made a vow that if she was to have a son she would give the son to the Lord and that she would be sure he never cut his hair.

This is a woman who desperately desired a child and was willing to give the child up for just the experience of having a child. Her love for the Lord was so great that she was willing to give the baby to the Lord if He would give her one.

Parents are you willing to do that?. In the wake of our trial as I reflect on the fears, uncertainties and all the emotions, my mind often came to this, Hannah so willing to give her child to the Lord. As a momma this question was posed to me in the midst of the trial- "will you still worship Him and love the Lord if they do remove babygirl from your home?"

Those words were like a stab to my heart and I sat there with no true words, but a broken heart not knowing what I would do or how I would react. Truth be told we say the right things, and act like good Christians till the trial of a life time comes. Then the reaction is to retreat, close yourself off, maybe even turn to sin for comfort. Lord I praise you- thank you for your presence because through this trial that is not what we did. We did not retreat, we begged our brothers and sisters to pray and though at times I struggled to pray, the Word of the Lord bombarded my heart mind and soul to give me comfort. My beloved husband that at loss because this trial was beyond our control and he could not fix this, he walked around aimlessly unsure what to do with him, sick to his stomach constantly, but he sought comfort in our Lord.

As a bible study we have trudging along in 1 Peter and 1 Peter came alive in my life through this trial. Suffering, trials, and loss are what we are to endure in this life. It is all over scripture. There is a misconception in believing that enduring means we smile, and act happy. One wise sister told - Angie being a good Christians doesn't mean your feelings go away. Doesn't mean you don't have fears, doubts, and wonder but it is what you do with that that shows your faith. Do you cry out to the Lord?

To often giving up or giving in to sin is the answer we run to in time of trials because we bare the trial alone.

Thank you saints of Christ for your prayers, because your prayers brought comfort when I could not find it, peace and strength when I did not have any.

Lord you are worthy to be praised. Thank you Father for hearing our prayers, and those who prayed for us. Let us use what you have shown us about ourselves, and this experience to teach others and to bring glory to your name.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha