Skip to main content

Back in time....

Here I am sitting in Texas- with the same hurt, same pain I felt more then 4 years ago when we moved here from Virginia. When we arrived here- the spirit was different. Sam's sister was so rude,cold, and unwelcoming that it bothered me and Maria. Maria was suppose to sleep in the bedroom with her Aunt but did not feel comfortable doing that so she is now in the room Sam and I are staying in.

We arrive here in the big state of Texas at 9 something at night. The only thing we were able to do was get the suitecases from the back of the truck and at least pull my bed out so I could sleep on it tonight. By the time all was said and done it was after 12am January 2nd. Thinking that my husband would be around to help me unload the truck and other vehicles in the morning I was not worried. Much to my suprise that did not happen. He actually did not plan to stay around- He was going to work. So not only did I have the priviledge of packing everything now in a home that is not truly mine- I have the priviledge of unpacking too- AND- to top my whole emotional time travel back in time--- the house he was suppose to have ready for our things(stuff in storage and things) I walk in to all this stuff in the dining room. Which is the very place I need the most for schooling.

I am trying so hard Lord not to allow this to affect my heart! Like so many times in our marriage when it comes to his family- my expectations of Sam- become my disappointment and heartache. Making this move even harder on me because I DO NOT WANT TO BE HERE. I want to shout from the roof top! I HATE HOUSTON! I HATE HOUSTON and yet here I sit in the very place I hate!! IN the same room I was in 4-5 years ago- someone pinch because I am in my old emotional nightmatr- the year we moved here(was out 10th year in marriage) and it was the worst year of my marriage!!! The WORST- OH LORD I never thought I would be back here. What is it that you want me to learn. Tell me what have I done to be back in this very spot!!

Comments

  1. Hi Angie,

    First and foremost, I am happy to know that you and the kids made it safely to Texas.

    My heart breaks to know that my sister is hurting. I can not imagine what you are going through. I would be lying if I said I did. All I can say is to trust the Lord to work in your life and maintain a positive attitude even when your flesh is screaming and hurting and people around you may not be welcoming.

    You know that Sam would do anything for you and the children, and although all may not be how you wanted things to be when you arrived, trust that Sam would not leave you alone if it was not because he had to work. He wants to make sure this job works out and should not be taking any time off. Right now, as difficult as things are, rely on each other, the efforts of each member of the family and get your home in order. Do it with a joyful heart, even if it may seem fake, do it with a joyful heart for Jesus. I wish this cross you are bearing came with a little padding so it wouldn't hurt so much, but it's not the way burdens are packaged unfortunately. I know you Angie, you will get through this! You will, my dear sister. Don't go by your feelings. Don't let the past thoughts of how things used to be 4 years ago determine how it will be for 2008. Stay strong in your faith. You have me to also turn to. I will keep you all in my prayers.

    Love your sister,

    Betty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...