Skip to main content

where the Lord leads I will follow....

the week went a bit faster- with schooling, grading, and trying to adjust to Texas- the week has gone faster. Not because the hurt has gone away but because I have had to draw closer to the Lord. Seek His face in all things. My prayer is that He will show me why? That He will guide us through- Samuel has been so consumed by work that bible time is so few and far in between. Keeping His family fed I guess is his only priority right now. He has started praying over me, not with me, but over me as I sleep before he leaves for work. I am in half conscious state when he does it. I hear some of his words, not all of them though.

I started a bible study this week with a wonderful group of Ladies- I am very excited about it. I am looking forward to seeing the work that the Lord will do in me and in my life.

We started with the Psalm 120- the first psalm in our piligrimage- to ascend closer to the Lord.
I am on a piligrimage through life at this moment- I need to reach further, stretch hard to see the top- to see Christ!

At the end of my time with the Lord in the study- I was to write my own "psalm 120" per say- Here is mine:

In my heartache I cry out to you my God and You heard me
Show me the way-Oh Lord, to deal with the tongues and lies of those around me
How Shall I deal? What should I do? Or what will You do to protect me?
You are might and I know with one swift motion you can freeze their words.
Woe is me- That I am here in this place AGAIN around these people-WHY?
I have been here with them who do not love unconditionally, who hate peace.
I seek to love them Lord, I seek peace but when I speak they attack.

Comments

  1. angie,
    Good for you!! I"m so glad to hear about your bible study. Keep pressing through, and when you are wiery....run to the word.

    I'll be posting today...finally.
    love,
    Celina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...