Skip to main content

1 Peter 3:1-9-Heirs Together

A word only God can send- This morning I got up early, mostly because I went to bed so early from pure exhaustion from the day. I woke to prepare my husband's path for the day. I made his lunch, coffee, and breakfast-all to go. Saw him off- and now in the peace of the morning while all the children still slumber, I picked up the Remnant, a wonderful magazine from Charity Ministries, and read the article from Rachel Weaver.(my favorite author of the Remnant)

Her article is titled "Heirs Together", based on 1 Peter 3:1-9
How many of us examine our marriage enough to realize that we are Heirs Together for the kingdom of God. Or how our attitude, words, and spirit all affect the running, and functioning of not only the home, but also our marriage?

1 Peter 3:1-9

1In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
2as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.

3Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;

4but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.

5For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands;

6just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear.

7You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

8To sum up, all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and (N)humble in spirit;

9not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.

Submissive- that famous word, it is like nails on a chalkboard for women.Our strong side, our independent side, perk up when we see, hear or even read the word submissive. What does it mean Truly?

Does it mean bow down as a servant would to the king when he enters the room?

Does it mean say nothing, do nothing, and be nothing?
No- it does not. It means to be subjective,to show honor, respect, and most of all TRUST. Oh, trust. What is that anyway? Many of us do not know that the root of our problems, and our lack of being "submissive" is that fact that we do not trust that our husbands can handle the decisions, or situation.

This is how I rationalize it in my mind. I trust him enough to marry him, right? Yes

I obvious trust him enough to have children with him, right? Yes

I trust him to provide, right? another yes

Then why can I not trust him to do what is best for the family? Key words in the question-trust,him,best, most of all FAMILY.

Do you honestly think he will on purposely do something to put your family in any kind of jeopardy? Whether be financial, physical or spiritual? NO-

With all this in my mind, I then in turn am able to be honoring, respectful, loving and most of all trust my husband to do what is right for our family. Submitting myself to his authority, and loving him as God intended and reaping the inheritance of blessings that ONLY God can bestow for my obedience to my beloved but most of all to HIM.

Dear Heavenly Father
Thank you for such a rich word. Thank you for a reminder of how I should be towards my husband. Thank you for the map on How to love my husband and thank you for showing me through your word how to reap another blessing!

I ask you Father that you continue to work through me and in me, teaching me to love, honor and trust when I am weak as well as strong.
I love you Lord!
Amen


Comments

  1. That was beautiful Ang.
    I completely enjoy watching you and Sam interact. It is refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great post! What a reminder of what we are to be as wives.

    Jennifer
    http://jennifer-asag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...