Skip to main content

What does being a mother mean to you?

I was reading a blog that I love My charming Kids by McMama- and she was talking about mothering.  Her story got me thinking about what mothering means to me?  Mine is not as profound and hers and ,of course, I have no books to give away, but here is what being a mother means to me:

 

It has been 18 years since my beloved and I decided(or actually God decided) to start our family. I intended my life for other things, travel, business success, and an esteemed education. The Lord had other plans for me!
When I first found out I was pregnant it put a wave of shock and fear through me. Shock because the last thing I planned on was a baby.;-) Fear because was I even good enough to be a mother. How could I take care of baby when I was making so many mistakes in my life?
The moment I saw his precious face, and held his little hand I was hooked. This little creature was mine I helped create it, WOW, that amazed me. His every move, yawn, cry, I watched with amazement and ,of course, I stood in awe of How God created us to reproduce and bring life forth! Now 6 children later- I feel no different. The awe is still the same of how God creates life in me. Feeling that little one grow inside me, and watching them grow into individuals. Seeing their own personalities kick in realizing that is what God intended me for! Not to travel, not to be a successful educated business woman to be an engineer of my home and a mother, nurturer, hug-giver to the gifts He has given me to love and to love me like NO one has ever loved me, unconditionally. Life is never so fulfilling until you look into the eyes of that little one and he or she says "Mama-I lub you!" Then you realize- what mothering is all about!

What does being a mother mean to you?

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...