Skip to main content

Seeking God’s Will

 

Often times we wonder how we can know for sure what God’s will is for our lives. I know many times myself I have “thought” I was under the will of God then everything goes in a totally different direction then I intended. Was it God’s will or my own will?

 

As I read this morning a prompting,  strong aching in my heart began so deep with in me… LORD I WANT YOUR WILL NOT MINE FOR MY LIFE!! So how do we know HIS will?

 

Well first, we must seek his face and CRY out to him. That word CRY has been so deep in my heart, what does it mean to Cry out to God?

And why must we come to this state-crying out?

Many times in scripture it states that he heard his people’s cry?

The word cry appears 181 times in scripture; crying appears 31- so 212 times a form of cry of appears.

 

Exd 22:23
If thou afflict them in any wise, and they cry at all unto me, I will surely hear their cry;

 

HE WILL surely hear their cry-

why in this state, at this point does He hear?

Because it is the state of crying we are broken. IT is when we are crying that our hearts are humbled and it it is at this state that we have truly surrender ourselves, and our will to the Lord. When you cry- whether it be with real tears or a crying from the heart it is a with a tender heart like a father to his hurting child that the Lord speaks.

 

When was the last time you have gotten on your face before our Lord Jesus and cried in this manner?

 

Are there things you need a definite answer to- well dear ones- the only way you will hear Him  is if you cry out to Him and seek His will and seek His face in the matter. Sometimes that answer does not come right away, but like a child who asks for something till he receives an answer, you must ask until He reveals to you His answer. Seek His Word and allow our Lord Jesus to direct you and guide you.

 

Dear Heavenly Father

You are so worthy to be praised. I praise you for your Word. I praise you, Lord, for your revelations, and for those times you heard my cry. Lord, Hear my cry now- help me  as I seek your will in my life. Forgive me for the sins in my Lives. I ask that you give me wisdom.I ask that anyone who reads these words will be touched and changed.

For Thine is the kingdom and the power and glory forever- Amen

 

May you seek the Lord this weekend, and may HE hear your cry.

 

Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "