Skip to main content

Women’s Bible Study

 

 

At church last week we started something new, a women’s and men’s bible study. Each gender oriented, not to divide or separate the family, but for each to learn on specifically what God has called each gender to do.

In today’s society the gender lines are so grey. There are times I have run into to someone and I truly could not tell if they were male or a female, even by their voice. God has called each of us, male and female to be different from each other. Not to dress alike, or even act alike.

My beloved is a scaffold builders, he lifts anywhere from 30lbs to 70 lbs of material on his back and climb anywhere from 30 feet to more than 100 feet in the air. The strength in his arms, and legs surpass mine. I could never lift that much for 8 hours every day! My body was not made to do those things, but he was.

I was made to do things differently… to be a tender, loving, caring to my children, to be frugal when it comes to caring for them all, to be sure they are all clothed well, and to be sure they eat well.

Is my value less than his because of what he is capable of doing? Or his less because he is not as tender, frugal, or mindful of things around the house as I am?

NO, each of us were made for a different purpose. Him, to work by the sweat of his brow and lead all of  us spiritually and some day stand before our Lord and Savior for each  person in His care.

I was made to be submissive to him, to love him, to love my children, to be chaste,  to be sober in all things, to be the keeper at home, and good, obedient to him so that the Word of God not be blasphemed.(Titus 2)

That word BLASPHEMED-  always stands out to me.. it always tears into my heart.  Because I know that I struggle in the being '”obedient to him” part.( As any woman of today would.) We are raised to be independent, strong willed, career women.

So what does that be obedient mean?- It means to let go of your will, for his will. Following His commands, his desires, and his will whether HE IS RIGHT OR NOT!

What does the blasphemed mean- to insult, slander, curse or defame the Word of God.

To think every time I allowed my will to over rule the will of my beloved’s I am blaspheming the Word of God. I am slandering, cursing or defaming his Word in the eyes of others, and my beloved.  A wave of shame enters my heart because I know it is not God’s will for me to live in disobedience or rebellion.

Am I being the example to my children on rebellion Or disobedience by not honoring or obeying my beloved?

God’s Word sets our lives in order, and we can not pick and choose the things we want to obey.

 

John 14

12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

There are those that many think there are just the 10 commandments, but there are more than that. There  are over 600 commandments in the Word- each narrowing down to the Ten Commandments, and the two that the Lord Jesus emphasizes.

But we are told by Jesus to KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS.. if you love HIM.

OH Lord Help me- help me to be the Woman you have called me to be. Help me to love you, to love my husband and my children. Help me to obey, when my will, and mind wants to get in the way.

My heart is not to defame or slander your Word, but to bring your Word and you Glory. Give me strength beyond myself.

In Jesus Name- Amen

 

Sisters- it is not always easy to do the will of God, but we have to remember it is not in our own strength, but it is the strength of the Father, that we are able to live, and obey His commandments!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha