Skip to main content

what does my blog mean to me??

You know it is so easy to get sucked into the blogging world. You look at some of these VERY large blogs, and you think boy I would like to be that big.

Geez I sure would like to have as many followers/ readers as she has.

I think back, or even look back at the beginning, why did I start blogging? My motivation was not for others, but for me. My motivation was for a place to share a piece of myself, my heart, my prayers, my life… It was never to get a lot of followers or to be considered some profound blogger. NO- it was to leave a legacy of myself to my children. My words for them to read on every situation, or occasion in my life/ our lives. In hopes that every word, they see Christ emulating forth.

It is so easy in the “world of blogging” to lose our focus on what it is we are doing, and why we are doing it… but for me it is not to bring people flocking to my blog. For me it is to be me.. for me to share what I love, My Lord Jesus, my beloved and my absolutely wonderful children. What more could I really want??

 

For those of you are faithful- thank you for your words of encouragement, for your prayers and for those of you who are new.. well I do hope you find my heart here.

Ok- that was on my heart…

My sister is coming this week.. the children are so excited. I am excited of course to see my sister. I sure do miss her and those girls of hers. They arrive by the end of this week and already she is planning a fun filled week for the kids. For Honor’s birthday the are going black light miniature golfing.. will share photos, and Monday we are going to the zoo.. I love the zoo.

In the meantime, the reason you have not heard from is because I have been diligently working on Honor’s birthday present. Her quilt. It is a lot of work, but I have the face done, now on to the border, and sandwiching it together.( I will post the finished results)

Hope to hear from all of you out there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...