Skip to main content

6 weeks and counting

Yes it's only been six weeks since our arrival here in Pa. In so many ways it seems so much longer. It seems like forever since we pulled up with our big 26 foot truck ready for a new beginning.

Life began right away- when I say right away I mean a day or two after arrival. At this point I had not gotten a routine down nor have even figured out where things were( a grocery store, post office, bank etc )when I was thrown full speed ahead into what has been the busiest time of my life. At first I was unsure and not really wanting to do what it was I was asked to do. Torn between my wifely/ motherly duties and the need that arose I stepped out meeting the need at the same time meeting the need of our family that was pending around the corner.( The Lord always knows before we do)

The weeks have blended into each other and looking back I wonder how mothers today manage "everything" or do they?
What suffers? Their homes? Their relationship with their spouse? The relationship with their children? Their relationship with Christ?

I also wonder how can I continue managing my homeschooling family, meet their needs and do what I desire to do?
You can not serve two masters.(Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. )
Yes since the course of the six weeks it has changed my heart from meeting a need to fulfilling something inside of myself that I did not know needed fulfilling. Feeling important, feeling needed and knowing that I am making a difference in even this small way.

Having freedom to make choices even down to, hmm, what do I want for lunch? I know sounds so petty and so stupid but in a life where everything has never been about you, your needs, your wants, your desires or even your dreams, where you have spent a life time laying your life down for others to help them accomplish their life aspirations and dreams. And yet feel you are spinning your wheels in the mud! To watch and see those you have made sacrifices for seem to not appreciate the depth of your sacrifice. Or attempt to take what you have given them and grasp it in it's full capacity.

I guess I could turn those thoughts on Christ and his ultimate sacrifice to us- praise be to Him that He does not get frustrated with me! Nor give up on me or feel that his sacrifice is no longer worth anything. Even though I know at times I have devalued that sacrifice with my defiling sin and attitude!


So dear friends that is what has been going on in a very brief "nut shell"
Please pray for me

Angie

Comments

  1. I hear your heart my friend.
    And have had seasons where I have felt the same.
    I always come back to making sure my desires, are Christ desires.
    And then to ask...sometimes beg God to give me the desires of my heart.
    Knowing that because of Christ he will answer.
    And for me it is also knowing it isnt so much about the destination that counts but it is indeed the journey, have I yeilded my whole life, body and soul to the one who has given everything for me.This includes my thoughts that often have to be taken captive and brought into the obedience of Christ, or they will take me places my Lord has never intended that I go,
    So grateful for a loving God that is not suprised when I fail, and never gives up on me.
    Praying for you as you travail through this season, and encouraging you that God is indeed at work.
    Much love to you my friend.
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...