Skip to main content

Family Betrayal

Mark 3:21 When His family heard this, they set out to restrain Him, because they said, “He’s out of His mind.”

I am having a hard time understanding why Mary would do this to her Son? She knew how she conceived Him and knew who He was? Why would she say He is "out of his mind"?

Families, the ones in your life you are suppose to be able to rely on. The ones who are suppose to be the most encouraging,and have the most faith in you are the ones that cause you greatest disappointment.

I wonder how Jesus felt knowing this how His family felt and thought of Him? Betrayed, as we do or would?

How many of you have felt that same kind betrayal from your family?

What was Jesus' answer to that betrayal?

Mark 3:33-35
33 He replied to them, “Who are My mother and My brothers?” 34 And looking about at those who were sitting in a circle around Him, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers! 35 Whoever does the will of God is My brother and sister and mother.”

It is hard for us to understand why our family would not love us unconditionally, as Christ would. It is hard to understand why they wouldnot be encouraging. Sometimes the pain is to great to bare. The wonderful thing about Christ is He does understand and has walked the path before us and has endured to show us just how to endure.

Here He reminds us that is our family will not be encouraging, loving, you find love and encouragement through the body of Christ.


Be encourage Saints and Sisters knowing our Savior walks before us
Angie

Comments

  1. *Nod*
    Right now we're going through some family issues, and it has been pretty difficult. Christ says that he will bring division- division between fathers and sons, mothers and daughters. This is especially true when one is lost and the other is saved. It's heart breaking, but Christ knows how we feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Angie. First I want to thank you for stopping by and saying hello. Congrats on your 7th! The Lord's blessings are so sweet but nothing is sweeter or better than His love. I am grateful that I have come to know and love my Savior or else rejection, betrayal and bitter spoken words would be a lot harder to bear. But He gives us the strength and the wisdom to deal with these situations. If everyone loved us and treated us kindly we wouldn't run to our Lord for comfort, we won't need His loving embrace and sweet words. It is through these times that we can show others the Love of Christ and presevere through our faith.

    Peace of the Lord,
    Michelle
    saviorsgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...