Skip to main content

3 weeks and 4 days-- wow!

As I sit here and look into this sweet little face--20111027-094652.jpg

I am amazed how quickly time is going. In a way it makes my heart very sad because I know there is no way to stop the clock and make time go slower. I know there is no way to prolong this time. In a blink she is now 3 weeks and 4 days...she will be a month this next Sunday-- a month Wow...

These past few weeks have not been the easiest. Having her at home was amazing- the most peaceful, non evasive delivery I have ever had. The presence of the Lord was evident. There were no loud machines, no cold instruments, no icy rooms, just soft worship music in the background, warm water and soft voices.

Then reality hit.. My beloved stayed home the night she was born to help take care of me and the baby and the house, but the very next day less than 24 hours later he went to work leaving me with a puking 4 year old, and 5 young adults. I felt bad for Noah and for my daughter because Noah wanted a parent and Maria was in over her head dealing with me, him and everything else, though she handled it with LOTS of grace.That was just the beginning of the next few weeks.

Having a baby at home brings another side to home birthing that NO ONE ever talks about. See when you have a baby in the hospital you are away from home, so then you are not expected to make decisions, clean, or deal with household situations. ( you are in the hospital "resting")
When you have the baby at home you do not get away from home, you are then expected to get up the very next day and act like nothing major happened to you, and you are to run the household like business as usual. Well needless to say my body, mind, and emotions could not do it. After just a few days of it, I was having an emotional breakdown. Basic decisions would make me want to cry and every fiber in side of me was screaming for sleep. At night I was feeding and caring for baby girl and during the day if I attempted to rest Noah would wake me so rest was out of my grasp. My mind just wanted to shut down and focus on what I had to, me and baby. ( needles to say-- lesson learned)

Things have balanced inside me, though the household, still needs to be taken care I feel my strength and emotional state strengthening and restoring.Noah is in desperate need of my attention for schooling.


20111027-101026.jpg
He adores his little sister and adjusting wonderfully to the new addition, but feedings and changing are so consuming right now, he is bored. All he wants to do is watch movies or play video games.
Which drives me crazy because he asks every 5 minutes for the video games.

We are slowly gaining a routine, though at times I wish I could stop time or slow it down.

Praying you all are well!
Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...