Skip to main content

7 days of Hope for a Weary Mom- day 5

Ok take two... Ugh.. All the words seem to just flow and now I need to start all over because I lost it so Lord help those words to come to me again....

 

"WHEN YOU JUST WANT TO GIVE UP" was the title to this chapter and boy did the words just seem like I was speaking them...

She starts out by saying..." a mother's heart labors over her children. Pulling, tugging, coaxing,dragging,pushing,begging...all in the name of love" That is exactly how I have been feeling, how I have felt for at least the last ten years.

" those of us who really look see our children not just as they are but as they can be, might be one day." Yes those words ring so true...that's it... If only. If only they understood or just knew...that " Mothering demands body,soul,mind, and heart" Mothering is not for the weak hearted, it takes strength and courage. Why courage? Courage because you go in knowing that you will never be so hurt or wounded by anyone or anything as you can be by your children. The hurt can run so deep that you wonder if that aching in your heart will ever go away. On the same token you will never experience so much happiness, your heart will feel like it will burst from those same children. So it is not for the weak hearted.

Have you ever felt like Peter did after that night of fishing?

Yes numerous of times... I have wanted to just give up because I just couldn't and still can't see why...But sometimes the things of the Lord are not for our feeble minds to understand.

Ever wondered how in the world you would ever find the strength to try one more time?

My little voice inside reminds me that the Lord has not and will not ever give up on me.... That is what keeps me stepping forward and sometimes when I am on my face it's my beloved husband who bends down, dusts me off and allows me to lean on him. Which is a physical manifestation of what the Heavenly Father does for me.


What does “God meeting you in your mess” mean to you?

He meets me right in the midst of my messy, unruly heart to help me to find peace.

Do you expect God to change your environment, or to get it in with you, giving you the tools you need to make it?

I expect from my Lord what the Words says..." Seek and ye shall find, knock and the door shall be open"


Are you ready to proclaim to the world that you will never give up on your family and never give up on God’s ability to work in the hearts of your children?


First and foremost I will never give up on my Lord... As He leads I will follow. He has lead me to be a wife and mother, and I will continue in that task...even when I am weak, seeking strength from Him and moving forward even when it seems like I am going backwards.

 

I am on this boat till the Lord takes me home or He returns again...

Angie

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...