Skip to main content

7 days of Hope for a Weary Mom- Day 7

 

 

 

Yes I did it.. 7 days... I made it thru..it took me a little longer but I did all 7 posts and you know what each day spoke to me and today is no different.

The title to this chapter was titled " When life hurts too much"

The author starts off by talking about a loss of a child from the womb. She does not go into detail of the situation, but she speaks about this moment when she was sitting in church surrounded by children, newborns, and expected mothers and she closed her eyes to shut out all the new life and joy that seemed to surround her and she realized she had her hand on her stomach. In that moment she whispered " I miss you" to that child she had lost.

1.It’s easy to say we believe God is good and that He always wants our best, but when the difficult times come
the truth of what we really believe often says something totally different.
Have you ever experienced a time when you questioned everything you knew to be true about God?


My heart knows that kind of pain, that loss of a life. I also know the doubts that go through your mind about the Lord that come with that pain. The doubts that whether or not He is truly God,if He was and He says He loves me why would he let something like a miscarriage happen to someone who wanted the blessing he bestowed? All the whys flood your heart, and you wonder what you could have done differently?


2. Have you decided that Jesus holds the words of eternal life?

As I wept for my loss,for the life that no longer lived within me I prayed for an understanding which never really came. What I did receive was a peace knowing that though I did not know why, He knew, and He was the creator and as fast as that life was given it could be taken. Each day we receive to live our lives is a gift given to us to fulfill His will and bring Him glory and honor.


3.What does that mean when life doesn’t go the way you want it to go?

It means that I have another opportunity to praise Our Lord Jesus and He gives me another opportunity to respond and grow closer to Him...

Ladies yes I am a weary Mom but I can't imagine how heavy my weariness would be if I did not have my Lord and Savior to guide me and give me strength.

 

Rejoicing in Him

Angie




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...