Skip to main content

Goodbye Facebook...Hello thoughts...

Well I did... I took the plunge and deactivated my facebook. It is amazing how much of a time consumer it is. It eats time like you would not believe. I am hoping, praying with this new found time, and lack of distraction that it will give me motivation to blog more.

As my young men get older, move closer and closer in considering that step towards becoming one with someone.. I have come to realize there are so many resources out there pointed at men and what they need to do, or what they need to be as men to get married. The sad thing is there is hardly anything for young women.

Today I challenge Paul to look at a questionaire done by Stacey and James McDonald( you can find it on Staceys  blog thesacredcalling.com)  that they put together for young suitors for their daughters. After reading it he came down so heavy hearted. Guess the realization of the spiritual, emotional and physical responsibilities of it all became very burdensome. Of course I shared how we could do nothing in our own strength. Only Christ can strengthen us  and help us to be what scripture requires of us..

In that I thought.. hmm I need something for a female. Something for her to do as well. Even though men are leaders, women also hold a spiritual responsibility as well in the home. One just as great as a man... Did you know there is nothing? Absolutely nothing on preparing the heart of a woman... so I have considered writing a counterpart to Voddie Bauchams book... Instead of " What He must be to Marry My daughter" it would be " What she must be to Marry my son"--- As Sandra King stated.. I dont want my men to marry just anyone. My heart is the same way. I want them to marry someone who loves the Lord, someone understands what it means to live for Him, and understands what their role is to be in the heart of man. Lord Help me!

Lift me in prayer... and let the Words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in THY sight OH LORD!

Be blessed dear saints
Angie

Comments

  1. First, congratulations for getting rid of Facebook! I have wanted to do it for years but then I can't get myself to do it.

    Second, what a wonderful idea for daughters. I didn't realize there isn't something out there for women.

    I will pray for you on this journey. I find you courageous and up for the challenge. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the very reason the Lord led me to leave facebook as well and I have to tell you, I don't regret it not one bit. There are times when I really miss the people I communicated with, yet I've also learned in this time that all those friends I had...well, truth be told, the real ones (you included) have all kept in touch and we chat often. We as a society have lost the art of really keeping in touch and communicating with loved ones. My opinion......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be praying for you about this! It would definitely be something I'd be interested to read :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments.. I love to hear from you and know you have blessed me with your thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...