Skip to main content

Shoulders that can not hold the weight


As I grow older I have realized one thing that as a woman I do not have the shoulders to bare all the burdens of my home. The need of my beloved husband, his strength and ability to shoulder the needs of our family, provide, and lead in strength that is given to him by our Lord. I am weak, emotional, and incapable to handle the pressures. My mind reminds me constantly of scripture.. I will never leave you or forsake you... or The birds of the air do not worry where their food shall come from.. why should those who are His worry? as a Father  cares for his children so will our Heavenly Father care for you... I know these scriptures. They are in my heart but I can not seem to get my heart, worries and fears, to line up with what I know and truly believe to be true.
 
It shows my weakness as a woman- as the weaker vessel. So what do I do? Get angry or admit I am incapable... truly I know in so many ways I am incapable of doing what my beloved does. I often fear being left here alone to bare these burdens. I stand and watch as he struggles to walk, and provide for his family each day as his body deteriates before us. What do I do? I am capable and able to work.. but then conviction grieves my heart as I know I have been called to be the Keeper of my Home, not the provider. I look at my two littles ones- and I realize the extreme mistakes I made with the other ones- and wonder- LORD HOW DO I FIX IT??  I find myself on the very same path as the one I was on... 

The Lord through many situations has proven that He is Worthy. Even if He would not have shown His face through provision , by the very sacrifice He was willing to bare for my sins, is enough for me to know where my help comes from. So I ask why do I allow these fears to overcome me? 

Lord my desire is to rely on you completely. I desire to not allow the enemy to use my fears and doubts to control me. Lord Help me in this season as I seek to do Your Will and bless those you would have me bless. Lord my desire is to care for my children, to give them your Word, to help them in who they are to be in you...

Lead me not into temptation... Give me strength.. and THANK YOU Lord for the blessings that my BELOVED is and has been for me. 


Solo para la gloria de Dios

Angie



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...