Skip to main content

Lights of the World


Dear Ones- 

This weekend was full of the WORD  and of Praise- as you come down off that spiritual "high" per say- your heart yurns to stay in that place where your every thought, your every breath is Him.. One thing that has resignated with me since it escaped Beth's mouth was us being the light. She gave us such a perspective of what that light looks like- what we look like from heaven. I will try my best to give you that same image that she so clearly gave me.



1 Peter 1:11-13

They inquired into what time or what circumstances the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating when He testified in advance to the messianic sufferings and the glories that would follow. It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves but you. These things have now been announced to you through those who preached the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven. Angels desire to look into these things.A Call to Holy Living

 Therefore, with your minds ready for action, be serious and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.



In these verses Peter is talking about our Holy Calling- in this part people are asking when would Christ return- they wanted to know when they would receive the rewards for following after Christ.


 In our flesh we too want that answer especially as we "suffer" for Christ and we "consider it joy to enter into diverse trials" in our lives. We want to know when our suffering will end and enjoy peace, and happiness according to the Word- but Peter stated- they came to a revelation that they are not serving for themselves or that reward but for CHRIST.


This is the part Beth spoke-- " Angels desire to look into these things"

The Angels desire to look into us-- they want to know, how, and why... they are look down from heaven and wonder about us. (imagine that )


Here is the image she painted for us-


The earth is the dominion of the enemy(right?) this is where the enemy dwells and where he is constantly wanting to see the Saints of Christ fall right????





I imagine this is what the earth looks like from heaven- as the evil reigns supreme on this earth. Completely Dark--


As the angels look down from heaven- seeking out the saints of Christ this is how they see us from heaven










Do you see- can you imagine--- complete blackness across the earth and as those angels look down upon heaven- we are like small lights, stars that are dotted across the darkness of this earth. The light of this World our Christ Jesus shining within each of us- radiant light -- small light -- as stars dotted across this dark world- It blew my mind- do you see dear Ones- how precious the gift we have received to be walking, living lights to shine forth HIS Gospel for HIS kingdom... What a joy, what a blessing we have been given such a great gift.



Matthew 5:14

14 “You are the light of the world. A city situated on a hill cannot be hidden.



DO not hide your light this week! By God's grace and peace--- I pray you can see what GOD so clearly gave me-- Oh Lord may my Words be pure and bring your Glory!



In Christ My Saviour --- Jesus

Your Servant- Angie


 


 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...