Skip to main content

One of those days...

Do you ever wake up in the morning and wish you could stay there or just go back to bed  so you can start the day all over again?

Covers-Over-Head


  Today is one of those days for me... maybe it is the weather affecting me, who knows but I have lots on my mind and a very very heavy heart. My thoughts are ranging from my children and their choices to the condition of the church today.. I know a very broad spectrum. But are they truly? Are  not our children part of the church and by God's grace they are functioning members of the church body?

images


 

so truly the condition of the church is part of the fact of the choices each of us make, including our children/my children. I think of myself... my disobedience, sin, the curse I bestowed on my children because of my own condition and lack of Godly choices, being brought up with very little Godly foundation. Sure I went to church, they went to church but nothing they heard manifested in their lives nor did we live lives as believers, we were "good" people. It takes more than "going to church"for children to manifest it in their lives or being "good" people for them to make Godly choices. Most parents hearts who are truly surrendered to Christ is to keep their children from repeating their sins or to "do as I say not as I do!!" Truly that is not what children do. They do as we do even if you try to bestow wisdom through the Word of God on them. Even if you admit how wrong you were in so many levels and how truly they should not be walking even the slightest bit of the same path as you did. In turn their choices affect the body of Christ if not directly but indirectly and spiritually. What is your hope and prayer as you try to bestow wisdom to your children? Are you manifesting in your life the very thing you want them to do in Christ? Are you loving the body unconditionally as you should? are you double minded (saying one thing and doing another)?   I bestow these same questions to myself and hope that I am living according to the Word, saying and doing within my life as God would have me so I can lead and teach my children in they way they should go.   Seeking His Truth Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...