Skip to main content

Day by Day

 

broken-heart-pic-1267479-m

Each day is different, so it always amazes me when people say they don't like change. I often think, then you don't like life, because each day is different. I am grateful for each day, for the birds that are now singing, because the snow is quickly melting outside, for the signs of spring and warmer days.  I am grateful for a faithful husband who rises for work each morning. I am thankful for healthy children!

Lately I have been wondering what does humility look like for someone whom you might have offended? Should that humility be sober? Should any "pride" emulate from us in anyway when we know we have cased so much pain in someone else's life? How long should that humility last?

Too often people think "I am sorry" is good enough. I am sorry is a mean to show sorrow for the offense, right?

What happens when I am sorry doesn't seem good enough?  Pain isn't a switch that you can turn on and off. Depending on the offense that pain remains for some time. It takes an effort doesn't it? What do you do when it seems like no effort is being made and though the person has said they are sorry, and you forgive but every time you turn around they do not emulate humility.

What do you when Words do not seem enough? They seem empty?! I guess that is where I am at,in trying to understand humility, and pain.

These are reflections of my heart...

Lord

Thank you for another day, not only to serve you but to understand you. Pain is an aspect of life you never wanted your children to experience but  rebellion within us we turned from you and continue to turn from you. We live in a society that says "children are to rebel" We live in a society where it is ok to be dishonoring, disrespectful, prideful and unloving. Lord forgive us, a perverted generation. Father my hearts desire is to show the humility in my life as I should. To carry my consequences where I should, and live my life glorifying your name.

For the Glory of Christ I pray.

Amen

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...