Skip to main content

Prayer


"The more you pray, the more you will become convinced of its power. "- Daily Walk Bible

Prayer has been a part of my walk that I have struggled with for a long time. I am not sure why or what happened in my walk with Christ that change that but at some point it did. I don't know what it was or if it was an event or situation. All I know at one time my prayer life was so powerful and so real that at times when I was praying I could feel the presence of God so strongly it was like I was nose to nose with Him. As if I could reach out and touch Him. Now praying is a task, now it feels like a weight. Not something freeing, or even a mutual moment but just something you do.

 I guess there is a part of me that wonders why bother, God is God and His Will is His Will and how are my prayers going to change that in anyway. I remember a conversation I had with my husband on this subject who in so many words stated prayer doesn't change God, it is an act. Maybe that's it, why bother praying?

"It does nothing to change the Will of God."

God's will is His and sometimes we are entitled to know we are walking in His Will and other times well, we have no clue if we are or if we aren't. But then there is a part of me that sees our God as a loving Father. As a parent, I know that when my children need or want something I try to give it to them within reason of course and I listen to them. I listen to what they are sharing and that does affect me. So how can I think that when I pray it doesn't affect God. If he hears me then how does He not take what I am saying to His heart. Like a parent,He will look to see what is best and not everything that a child wants is good for them, I am no different. I do not see the consequences, I do not see what lies ahead but God knows all and sees all.

So see I am no expert on prayer... And I do not have the answers myself on why to pray and what it does. In so many ways I need help in this area of my life, my heart desires to feel that presence again, to feel his power again, but then there is a block, something that prevents me from doing it. ( I don't know if I am making sense to anyone out there?)

But the statement in my daily walk bible says -the more you pray the more you will be convinced of its power- This is an area I want to be convinced in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...