Skip to main content

Saying Good bye from afar


This week has been an emotional roller coaster for me. On the April 4th my beautiful son, youngest of the first 5 children went off to the Navy. His leaving  left me hurting so badly. Not because I never really wanted my children in the military- that is true. Not because he is making his own choices, that is true as well. Not because God is control and I know I have raised him according to the Word of God-- that is true as well. I know He is in God's hands-- I know all this. I even know Joey is strong and is able to endure. I know bootcamp in the end will be a joke for him, as it was for me and for his father. YEP I know all that as well. ( these are all things people are saying to me to "try" and encourage me) The difference between them and My husband and I - they got to see them off, they got to hug their children, say good bye, pray over them, and love of them. My heart hurts- because I could not see my baby off- I could not say good bye and show him how proud we are of him.

That was also his choice. Maybe some day he will know what it feels like, as Sam and I experiencd our parents pain over and over.  He called early Monday morning (like 12:20am) to tell me he would send me his stuff, and he was there and that he would not be able to call for 3 weeks. I could hear the slight fear/ intimidation in his voice and the commanders screaming orders in the back ground. My heart hurt even more knowing that realization set in, and a bit of fear with it. Arriving is always an eye opener for everyone.



You think "what in the world was I thinking?"...

 "What in the heck did I sign up for?"

 In the end when it is all over- he will be glad it is over, and that he made it through. But for 6 years- his life is not his own. He belongs to the USA- He is a weapon for them to do as they please.

 Being proud of him has never been an issue. He is an incredible person, an incredible son. He is strong and determined. He has always tried to be better than anyone in my home, running after his brothers. Always trying to be stronger, smarter and faster than any of his brothers. He was his sisters best friend, and playmate, doing anything she wanted, playing tea party, or dolls, or make-up.

Watching him take life by the horns (as the saying goes) makes his dad and me very proud. The pain comes watching all this from so far away. As a parent, I was going to be there for my children. Be to them what I did not have. I wanted to guide them, give wisdom, and bless them into every transition they choose to make. It is never to agree with what they are doing( because trust me I don't agree with everything my children have decided to do) but to love them in spite of their choice.

 My thoughts are never ending with you Joey(Jar Jar) I love you!



Lord protect my son, when he is weak, make him strong. When he is scared comfort him with Your peace. Help him to endure, and Lord help him to bring You glory no matter what choice he makes. Amen

Solo para la Gloria de Dios Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

The week...

we arrived here very late in Texas. I spent the next two days unpacking our things, as I packed Samuel's sisters things. It has been a hard week of lifting, moving, and unpacking all alone. The thoughts that ran through my head- was what am I doing here. Why would I come to this place to deal with life alone? To not have a family member be an every day part of my life. Who truly cared about the children and their lives. To come to a place where everyone is so self center- whose lives are focused only on themselves. NOt blessing, not caring, just having the family on holidays. In life I never imagined that I would be spending my life alone- not alone per say without my children, and husband. I mean alone with out my family.(brother and sister, mom, dad) I always thought that I was going to spend all my special and most important moments in life with all of them. I realize that is a fairy tale now. I realize that nothing in life is the way you "want" or "think" i...