Skip to main content

The Testimony of a Redeemed Sinner


 
 This is a paper I had to write for school:




I grew up in a home where the church was not foreign to me. I even attended a private “religious” school. Though we attended church most Sundays, the sin that engulfed our home, my parents, the lack of Christ-like behavior, and lack of a relationship with Jesus, had its impact on my life.  As I grew I understood that there was a Creator, I believed in God, knew that Jesus died for sins, but had no idea that I was a sinner, and that I was the one who placed Jesus on that Cross. My life manifested the lack of understanding and I found myself in sin and drowning in the darkness of the world.

There was a point when I had left home, on my own, where the darkness was so great I saw no light, no hope, or release from the darkness of sin. I sat crying wondering how my life got to this place and even contemplated ending my life, thinking I would find relief from the pain. I cried out to God asking why! Very clearly I heard a voice. I heard an answer, "Because I am not in your life." At first, I was not sure who the "I" was and sat totally startled, but then a peace that surpasses all understanding came over me and I knew at that moment who that "I" was. I was seeking peace, hope, and light. I knew that Jesus was so clearly speaking to me. I knew I had to find a way to live for Jesus and I knew a good place to start was the church. It was in that search that I landed in a small church who shared with me about Jesus, about being a sinner, and that Jesus died to save the sinners from being lost in sin. They shared how I could be saved, and lead me in dedicating my life to Christ in professing that I am a sinner, and professing Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

This was so long ago and the journey has not been easy. There have been many valleys, that the Lord Jesus used to work on me.   My eyes were finally opened to the realization of how much of a sinner I am. If there is anything good within me, it is only because of the Lord Jesus Christ. He chose to do a work within my life. Each step, each revelation, has been to bring Glory to my Lord and to have more of Him within me and less of me. I have not reached the end of completion because we all know the work is not yet complete as long I live and breath. I am still a sinner, but now I am a Redeemed Sinner that has been cleansed of all my sins and has been adopted into the family of Christ.




Solo para la gloria de Dios Angie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello all...

Hello my Siesta(Beth Moore's word for Sisters-Love it)  I have decided to start this online bible Blog Study that Preacher's Wife  wrote. It has already started my wheels turning in my mind and heart. The very first question:  Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? Yes- many! A few grow heavy in my heart! What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him? The person's soul will be lost for eternity. They will not walk with me into the gates of heaven and I will spend the rest of my eternal life knowning I did nothing, said nothing and do not do what God intended me to do. Can you Honestly describe yourself as a woman with a "yes" in her spirit? No I can not say I can- I would like to fool myself and those around you to say I am but when it comes down to it.. I have failed! If not what keeps you from this? FEAR- fear that the person will see my words as judgement and no...

Saying "I love you"...

Thinking about these words. These words that are to express our deepest emotions. These words that are to leave us vunerable and open, just do not seem to have the impact they use to. Many people use these words so fleeting. They use them as if to say "thank you", or "I thought about you today". For me "I love you" is not an easy thing to say. If I say I love you- I mean it from way down deep in my heart. They are not just words to be said but also words, that are to be put into action. Have you ever thought about that? When someone says "I love you", do they show through their actions that they love you?  or do they leave you going Huh, really? I have had those thoughts, wondering if the person who has declared their love really does love me because actions speak louder than words to me. I hear their words but then on the other hand see their actions and  they do not act like a person who even cares about my well being. Jesus never states in the...

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for people(brothers and sisters) who are willing to reach out and help when they may not even know you... Last week I ordered a Saxon Algebra 1 book from a woman from a homeschooling classified site. The reason why I ordered it is because some where in the sea of boxes I have, there is the test forms for our Algebra and of course I could not find it without opening every box. So I went online and ordered it. The person I was ordering from did not accept Paypal, and I was really needing that test booklet as soon as possible, since that happened to be the math that Maria and Joey were in. I called the woman asking if there was some other way she could help me get these books faster. The first thing she asked me was "Are you  a  Christian?  I said" yes ma'am" She says "I will send the books priority today, before you send me the check. I trust you!" I was amazed, astounded that a sister across the miles, who never saw me or met me would reach her...