Skip to main content

Prayer


"The more you pray, the more you will become convinced of its power. "- Daily Walk Bible

Prayer has been a part of my walk that I have struggled with for a long time. I am not sure why or what happened in my walk with Christ that change that but at some point it did. I don't know what it was or if it was an event or situation. All I know at one time my prayer life was so powerful and so real that at times when I was praying I could feel the presence of God so strongly it was like I was nose to nose with Him. As if I could reach out and touch Him. Now praying is a task, now it feels like a weight. Not something freeing, or even a mutual moment but just something you do.

 I guess there is a part of me that wonders why bother, God is God and His Will is His Will and how are my prayers going to change that in anyway. I remember a conversation I had with my husband on this subject who in so many words stated prayer doesn't change God, it is an act. Maybe that's it, why bother praying?

"It does nothing to change the Will of God."

God's will is His and sometimes we are entitled to know we are walking in His Will and other times well, we have no clue if we are or if we aren't. But then there is a part of me that sees our God as a loving Father. As a parent, I know that when my children need or want something I try to give it to them within reason of course and I listen to them. I listen to what they are sharing and that does affect me. So how can I think that when I pray it doesn't affect God. If he hears me then how does He not take what I am saying to His heart. Like a parent,He will look to see what is best and not everything that a child wants is good for them, I am no different. I do not see the consequences, I do not see what lies ahead but God knows all and sees all.

So see I am no expert on prayer... And I do not have the answers myself on why to pray and what it does. In so many ways I need help in this area of my life, my heart desires to feel that presence again, to feel his power again, but then there is a block, something that prevents me from doing it. ( I don't know if I am making sense to anyone out there?)

But the statement in my daily walk bible says -the more you pray the more you will be convinced of its power- This is an area I want to be convinced in!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day two

still trying to get the routine established But I am so grateful I have this privilege to disciple these two and guide these two in their education. Thank you Lord Angie    

Whisperings

Some of you know I have lots of children. Seven to be exact, and most of them are older and Most of them are young men except for one boy.   Lately one of my youngmen have been struggling. He works at an amusement park, and is around people all day long who standards, or morals do not quite match what we(through God's grace) have tried to instill in him. All day long he is whispered at about what he should have, and what he should be doing at "his age".  Today while reading the Word these verses stood out.... Proverbs 23 15  My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine. 16  Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. 17  Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the  Lord  all the day long His heart started to "envy" what these whisperers were saying to him and started to feel like he has been missing out on something in life.  Really?  How do we envy sinners?  How do we as professing believers say "

Week 20 - Photo Challenge (Silhouettes Category)

    Our Babe- is always the best subject but not always a willing one… haha